noob checking in - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noob checking in
Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:45 AM
hey whats up everybody? my first post lol. Over the weekend i bought an 88 Cadillac Cimarron #665 of 6,454 built the last year of production in 1988, its got a 2.8 V-6 3 speed automatic power everything. Now my question is: is there any mods i can do to this car and give it a little more power, i dont wanna race it or anything just want some more oomph and to get better gas mileage, cuz my first tank i got about 17mpg average. I know a cimarron is basically a cavalier with some caddy badges on it, so give me some hints as to what i could do/

Re: noob checking in
Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:03 PM
well do a google search as well as j-body.org and you will find loads of stuff. basically anything that will fit on a 2.8 beretta/cavalier will fit on you car. you can check-out mantapart.com too. they have loads of parts that will fit you engine but beware as they can be a real bear to deal with. and next time use the newbies forum

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:05 PM
head over to www.60degreev6.com they have all the info you will ever need. about the best thing for mialage would be a 5 speed swap. the cimmeron never had a manual transmission, but all the parts from a cavalier would bolt right in. as for power, a better exaust right from the manifold, id go 2.5". a cold air intake helps a little bit as well.

dont buy anything from mantapart, you will never receive it.

btw: a cimmeron is actualy a first gen

Friday, July 27, 2007 1:12 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yeah... ive heard nothing but bad things about mantapart .....

I always wanted to get a cimmeron, drop a north star motor in it, wide body it, put some 20s or 22" chrome rims, and a loud system in and turn around and flip it to someone whos in to baller cars... its sounds good in theory, but not practical for me to ever do... oh well

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search