Rear Disc brakes - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Disc brakes
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:46 PM
Has anyone out there converted their rear drums for disc brakes? How difficult is it? Just asking.

Thanks,

Brian

Keep watching, good things to come!

Re: Rear Disc brakes
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:48 PM
Less than a dozen posts down is a thread from a guy who just put on rear discs...why not check in there, eh?

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 4:43 PM
Droptopz24 wrote:Has anyone out there converted their rear drums for disc brakes? How difficult is it? Just asking.

Thanks,

Brian

very easy
Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:18 AM
James Cahill did it... Heres the official write up on how to do it

http://www.jbodysource.org/wiki/MultiGenSSBNeonRearDiscSwap

Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:11 PM
i"M in the process of doing one as we speak. got it from Baer for both front and rears.

**changes are here**

Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:27 PM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:i"M in the process of doing one as we speak. got it from Baer for both front and rears.

so you finally got your fronts from JBP??
Friday, August 03, 2007 6:28 AM
seanski wrote:
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:i"M in the process of doing one as we speak. got it from Baer for both front and rears.

so you finally got your fronts from JBP??

lol they should be here today. Mev said he sent them out tuesday and having them "2dayed" to me so will see. but the car has been on jack stands for about 3 weeks now the, the rears are just about done but wating on a part for the rears.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:45 AM
Dont mean to steal the thread or anything, but ive looked forever and everywhere for disc brake conversion kit and all for an 89 sunbird and found nothing... i did find one baer kit but it cost $2,000 for just the back... anyone know where to get a kit? and what all cars have the same brake setups as me, so then maybe i could use one for a cavi or beretta? anyway, thanks, hope you can help me too, but sorry again, dont wanna take the thread, just need a little help too...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:56 AM
Quote:

and what all cars have the same brake setups

The only differences between an '89 Sunbird and an '89 Cavalier are cosmetic. The underpinnings are all identical.

Quote:

anyone know where to get a kit?

A kit, as in "Buy it all in one box"? Ain't happening. There would be less than a dozen ever sold. Read this thread; all the info you need is here.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:17 PM
^^^^ What he said

David Ortlieb wrote:Dont mean to steal the thread or anything, but ive looked forever and everywhere for disc brake conversion kit and all for an 89 sunbird and found nothing... i did find one baer kit but it cost $2,000 for just the back... anyone know where to get a kit? and what all cars have the same brake setups as me, so then maybe i could use one for a cavi or beretta? anyway, thanks, hope you can help me too, but sorry again, dont wanna take the thread, just need a little help too...

And i'll repost this link...
http://www.jbodysource.org/wiki/MultiGenSSBNeonRearDiscSwap

Between the parts store and the junk yard, you should be able to get everything you need for the Dodge Neon Rear brake swap... James Cahill said he spent about $350 when it was said and done...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:20 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search