GD Vandals!!! AHGGGGHHHHH (need help) - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GD Vandals!!! AHGGGGHHHHH (need help)
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:55 AM

I woke up to this...Pretty pissed off, I know my car is in pretty bad shape, but its been a great reliable DD for 3 years now!

This however, does really suck, so I'm going to see if my insurance covers it, and if not, I need a JY piece of glass, to put back in

Other than taking the door card off (Obviously) what else do I need to do to replace it? Does it just go right in? What tools do I need?

Its a 92 RS with crank windows and power locks...I appriate all the help guys!

Re: GD Vandals!!! AHGGGGHHHHH (need help)
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:01 AM
Small wheel on arm goes in track on bottom of window, just drop the window in and make sure the wheel goes it the track, and snap the plastic guides into the channels. Sorry man, I know that sucks.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:06 AM
dood that sucks... at least they left the head unit...

the window isnt all that hard to put in at all... one of my plastic guides is broken on mine so ive played with my window over and over everytime it jumps track... (i should go get another plastic guide but now that i put like 500 miles a year on my 93, its not priority)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:18 AM
Cool, thanks guys..hopefully it will be pretty cut and dry once I get the pannel off the door

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:45 AM
dont even bother wiht insurance unless alot of stereo equipment or something was stolen, if its jsuta broken window it cheap and simple to fix...i had to replace one on my beater(4dr cav) and the junkyeard sold me a peice of glass for $40CDN and i spent maybe 45 minutes to install everyting and clean out most of the glass from inside the door

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:27 PM
HEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where did you get those fog lights in your front bumper...

That @!#$ is hot...

hmmmmm sorry to post jack

umm yah... insurance is gonna rape ya between deductable and raised payments that you'll spend more for a window... windows are pretty cheap in a junk yard...

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:23 PM
factory 88-90 inner signal lights turned upside down with custom brackets when i did the BMW lights i needed new blinkers adn they fit perfect in my bumper so i cut up some metal and starting to make brackets
i got more pics of it if u want

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:31 AM
when i get back to working on the 93 ... i'll have to try that (well steal your idea =P) cause i need blinkers too... how long did it take to make the brackets, couple hours??

Friday, August 03, 2007 12:55 AM
couple minutes lol just used some sheet metal and self tapping screws adn screwed them into the bumper rebar
best pici have of them with the bumper off lol dont mind the accord headlights on the floor, i got sick of them lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search