Front brake swap? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front brake swap?
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:55 PM
I had seen that their was a sticky somewhere that showed how to upgrade to F-body front brake rotors and such. I was wondering if that is possible on second gens? If that does not work is there anyway of getting some bigger brakes with out getting and aftermarket kit?

Re: Front brake swap?
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:45 PM
what year car do you have. if you have a pre 92 car you can put 92+ knuckes on and use all 92+ brake stuff. they are only 1/2" bigger (10" vs 9.5) however it makes a big difference. i also noticed that some slotted rotors and good pads (ceramics) go a long way. im actualy very happy with the front brakes on my car.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:44 AM
The N/W/F swap is possible on a 2nd gen. The big difference is the steering arm needs to be cut off the spindle. You could also swap to H body brakes (the How-To is on V6Z24.com) for a cheaper solution. The easiest way is to swap to the 92+ brakes, no CV swaps needed.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:41 PM
I have a 90 sunbird. I put on aftermarket wheels and the brakes just look so tiney behind them I'm really looking to fill them out, and get some awesome stoping power. I haven't looked into the H body swap, I probably will tonight.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search