Speedometer isnt workin!! HELPPP - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Speedometer isnt workin!! HELPPP
Friday, August 10, 2007 5:59 AM
My speedometer @!#$ the bed, lol idk what happened but i go to drive today and it doesnt read how fast im goin, I have a 91 pontiac sunbird, no tach, but the thing is, when i start it up the needle moves to show that its started, and every other gauge works, so im stuck...i need help asap

Re: Speedometer isnt workin!! HELPPP
Friday, August 10, 2007 9:28 AM
Cable drive speedo or electronic?
Friday, August 10, 2007 9:36 AM
What engine 4 or 6 and auto or man? It would help to know. I'm thinking it's probably an electronic speed senesor and it is either not working properly or something got disconnected.
Friday, August 10, 2007 7:22 PM
my bad., its a 4cyl, and its auto, ya i found out its elcectronic, i need to kno where its located thanks for the help

Friday, August 10, 2007 10:10 PM
mine reads 120 mph when I am doing 30, so I simply have gotten good at guessing my speed. I am still hoping I will get someone to sell me a gauge cluster for my car.
Saturday, August 11, 2007 11:03 AM
Not too familiar with auto trans. but the speed sensor will be hooked to the outside of the trans. probably toward the top. I just looked at Advance.com and they are $69.88 and they have a picture of the part, but I don't think it would be too hard to find, just look for wires hooked to trans. Hope this helps. And Scotty, I doubt you need a new gauge cluster, you probably need the speed sensor too, but I can't be 100% sure without being there and checking things out.
Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:31 AM
its at teh back of the trans where the pass axle slides in, its on the top of the trans, you'll see a 2 wire connector and theres 2 bolts holding it in IIRC
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search