2.0 OHC ignition timing - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 OHC ignition timing
Friday, October 12, 2007 2:38 PM
...how do i time it, my manual says unplug a connector on the dist, well the 4 wire connector when i unplug it the car doesnt start so i can't time it lol, also if anyone has the specs for ignition timing its a 91 Sunturd 2.0 OHC automatic, i put a Z hood on the car so i don't have the emissions sticker on the hood anymore

please and thanks

Re: 2.0 OHC ignition timing
Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:58 PM
anyone??
Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:00 PM
Jump the ALDL connector under the dash like you were checking a code.

Tony
1987 Sunbird GT turbo convert
Ported intake, Fiero 53 MM TB, 52 lb inj, ported and flowed head, tube header, Mitsu TD06, ARP rod
bolts/head studs, adj cam sprocket, 4" x 12" x 31" FMIC, Paxton AFPR, modified 125 trans/LSD
unit/3.42's, custom chip tuning, Alky Control Methanol injection
13.61 ET at 101.44 mph, 262 WHP/350WTQ

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP roadster, 2.0 turbo w/GMPP exh, CAI and turbo upgrade, 290 hp/325 ft lbs

1969 Olds 442 convert
400 Eng, 200-4R trans, 3.73 posi, power everything, OAI

Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:53 AM
2literturbo wrote:Jump the ALDL connector under the dash like you were checking a code.

and i can run the car like that?? i was told you couldnt run the car with the aldl jumped, i'll have to try that
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:01 AM
You can let it idle but don't drive it.

-->Slow
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:48 PM
slowolej wrote:You can let it idle but don't drive it.

-->Slow

yea i adjusted the timing, according to my timing light it was out about 8 degrees, it still didnt fix my missfire/@!#$ty idle but it fixed the hesitation when its cold, anyone know why it idles like it has a miss to it, only in idle, and it won't stall, i've changed every tune up part on it since it needed it and nothing helped
Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:35 AM
have you run a compression test? how about testing the ignition module or TPS. it could also be a weak engine groung.

garrett
Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:54 PM
Garrett vanderPutten wrote:have you run a compression test? how about testing the ignition module or TPS. it could also be a weak engine groung.

garrett

im gonna try taking the ign module off when i have time and getting it tested but engine grounds are all tight and clean, as for compression test i'll try that too
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search