parts? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
parts?
Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:34 PM
where can i buy aftermarket parts?.....i have no idea where to even start looking for aftermarket parts, iam buying a 91 tomorrow and i need to know....i need white face guages, short shifter, a cat-back, a header, stuff like that, i can get hoods, body kits, and fenders, but its the other stuff i need held with, so ANYTHING at all will be helpful. Thanks

Re: parts?
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:53 PM
A 91 what? Z24? VL? RS? What engine? There is a sticky titled "Where to find mods, please read before asking".

edit- I just read your other post, so its a 3.1

Off hand- there are several places to get gauges. Theres only one "short shifter" out there, but its not actually shorter, and its from a crap company. There is only one set of headers out there, made by the same crap company who makes the shifter, and the cost greatly outweighs the benefits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:55 PM

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:33 AM
you can get some performance things from here--> http://mrzperformance.vstore.ca/index.php/cPath/55_10 also if your wanting to make a short shifter just remove it from the vehicle and get it cut down,i can find you a how-to on the short shifter.Also for the white face gauges try www.blackcatcustom.com they make them for cavaliers.For your header you have to get it custom made, their is a guy on www.v6z24.com his user-name is six_shooter and I was told he makes headers for 2nd gen cavys.For the cat-back well what exactly are you wanting? bigger piping for more flow and a single or dual tip muffler or did you want the dual exhaust setup,like 1 muffler on the left side and 1 muffler on the right side of the car??

Vote for my car for car of the month on www.v6z24.com..
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:35 AM
sorry here is the link to that 1 website http://www.v6z24.com/ also if your wanting to chip your car ask scott0999 on the v6z24.com website,he is a good seller.He made the chip i have for my car and he does reply to all your quistions

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:13 PM
im wantin to go with 2-1/4 pipe to a big muffler, like a 4-5" tip.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:30 PM
Denny Estep wrote:im wantin to go with 2-1/4 pipe to a big muffler, like a 4-5" tip.
you will probably have to get it custom made.And what kind of muffler where you planning on getting?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 4:25 PM
im gonna get one of those cheap N1 look alikes on ebay
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:39 PM
Denny Estep wrote:im gonna get one of those cheap N1 look alikes on ebay
yah those would sound pretty good.But i would prefer having the dual magnaflow muffler or else their is the flowmaster 40 series muffler,i was told they sound pretty good also did you ask scott0999 about a chip for your car and six_shooter about headers on v6z24.com?? oh and btw scott0999 charges about 100$ per chip,cause that's how much i paid

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:44 PM
Make friends with a GOOD (I stress good) local Midas/Meineke/Muffler shop and they can do wonders. The local Meineke (franchised owner-operated) made a custom dual exhaust system for the car. Cut out a section of the right side rear bumper so each side exits two tips for a total of four tips. We used a VX muffler by Goerlich's since the Flowmaster patent expired you can get generic equivalents for reasonable money. You won't need a high end or high flow muffler since most of those are designed to work optimally with V8s. Something with a nice rumble though not too loud.

GM Powertrain Engineer
Currently in Charlotte, NC
Worked at Lordstown Assembly in Mid 90s
Hamtramck, Lake Orion, Lansing Grand River
Currently work on older cars but support
any GM make or any car for that matter.
Owned 3 J's over the years among other cars.
Currently 88 Z24 Convert. Mostly stock.
Mild exhaust, chip, CAI, stereo, etc.
Feel free to hit me up on anything!
Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:45 AM
Brad Kormos wrote:
Denny Estep wrote:im gonna get one of those cheap N1 look alikes on ebay
yah those would sound pretty good.But i would prefer having the dual magnaflow muffler or else their is the flowmaster 40 series muffler,i was told they sound pretty good also did you ask scott0999 about a chip for your car and six_shooter about headers on v6z24.com?? oh and btw scott0999 charges about 100$ per chip,cause that's how much i paid

i signed up last night, but they havent verifyed me yet, i have saw that alot of ppl have the flowmaster 40, i have no clue what kind im gonna get, b/c i have no idea what they sound like lol, i need some audio clips or sumthin lol....but as far as the chip goes, how much did it help your car? an estimated HP gain?
Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:16 PM
well he said it is about a 5-10hp gain and 6-10 torque gain.I can't really remember how much he had told me but its something close to that.Your better off to send him a pm and ask him tho.Cause i could be wrong

Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:28 PM
Flowmaster or Borla even. gonna have to have it custom attached.

And please, for the love of god, DONT put a 4-5" tip on there. It'll look TERRIBLE

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Sunday, October 28, 2007 2:52 PM
The factory tubing diameter is 2 1/4", so you're going to want 2 1/2", unless you just want a mandrel bent 2 1/4", which would probably flow more then the 2 1/2" crush bent.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search