dome light issue, need help asap - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dome light issue, need help asap
Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:17 PM
my dome light in my 91 sunbird convertible wont shut off, i checked the fuses, ???wheres the door switches located?

Re: dome light issue, need help asap
Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:26 PM
Im not sure how to do it but i would pull the bulb out untill you fund out how

Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:38 PM
i would, but its mounted in my rearview mirror lol

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:11 AM
What you can do is remove the module that controls the dome lights from the box where it is connected. Remove the plastic from under the driver's side dash and you should be able to get to this box on the firewall to the left of the steering column. It is a long rectangular plastic module that you need to unplug. It also has the chime built into it, so if you can't find it, turn on the headlights with the ignition off and follow the sound. Once this module is removed the interior lights won't work and you won't have the chime for the key in the ignition, the headlight reminder or the seatbelt either. This module could be the cause of the interior lights staying on...or it could be your interior light switch in the headlight switch assembly...or could be the door switches, which are part of the door latch assembly in each door door (pin switches for the back doors in a 4-door).

Hopes this helps!
Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:41 PM
ok thanks man....lol ppl keep comparing my car to the camaro from transformers...it does wat it choose to do, one minute perfectly fine, the next the dome lights or chime, or dash will flash, then it'll be fine for months... ha it just has its good and bad days so i just let it fix itself...but that info will definately come in handy, im gonna check it out

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search