'92 Z24 water leak - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'92 Z24 water leak
Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:13 AM
Alright, im looking at a Z24 that my friend is selling, but theres one problem with it. The carper on the drivers side where driver and rear passengers feet would go, is soaked. The carpet directly under the seat is bone dry.

Took apart the under side of the dash, door sill and lifted up a bit of the carpet and foam on the firewall, and parts of it are dry, but other parts are wet.

the two opinions weve heard so far, are that the windshield is leaking, or that the drainage below the windshield that exits out the front left wheel well is clogged.

I was wondering, does anyone here have suggestions, or seen anything like it before???

Re: '92 Z24 water leak
Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:36 AM
Quote:

drainage below the windshield that exits out the front left wheel well is clogged.

Bingo

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:52 PM
Alright, much appreciated
Saturday, November 03, 2007 7:49 AM
or a rust hole in the firewall, both my cars have that
Monday, November 12, 2007 5:49 AM
If it isn't the windshield I would suspect rust holes in the firewall. My '94 Sunbird had rust holes around and under the AC/heater cowl under the hood that caused lots of leaking in the area you described. Water would drain through the vents in front of the windshield, through the drain, down the firewall and directly into the holes...
Monday, November 12, 2007 5:01 PM
Alrighty..

Im going to be pushing him to find the problem exactly, and fix it.. Soggy carpet dont smell too good. Will let you folks know exactly whats wrong when i find out
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:56 PM
I had everything mentioned above in my 92 open up (well not the windshield) when i got in a fender bender that cracked a bondo patch that a previous owner put on.

I slabed a bunch of silicon in there and havent had a problem since. keep the drain clean too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search