5 speed Question - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed Question
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:08 AM
So I'm trying to find a 5 speed trans for my 90 Cavalier, and having alot of trouble. Will the gear driven speed sensor on my trans work if installed on a trans that came with electric speed sensor, and is it just a bolt on deal? The guys from the junkyards say they will swap right out, but I don't trust them and it seems to me like they wouldn't work. Anybody know??

Re: 5 speed Question
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:48 PM
from what im told u CANT jsut swap the VSS, the gear(s) inside the tranny are different

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:04 PM
Manual trans from Autozone is $1499.00 for Muncie trans. That seems kind of high considering the car isn't even worth that much. Drove to one junkyard that said they had it but when I got there it was an automatic. I'm frustrated and I'll probably have to drive 400 miles to get one but I miss my car.
Saturday, November 10, 2007 4:12 PM
I have an izusu trans. for sale out of an 89 sunbird 2.0 if it would fit... just for a temp. i need it gone! lol... takes up too much space... i dought it would fit, but maybe it would?

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:08 AM
The 2.0 OHC trans won't fit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:09 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search