Past, present, and future. - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Past, present, and future.
Monday, April 07, 2008 1:14 PM
Well, one of my stabilizer links busted a ways back, and my dad and I went to replace it yesterday... The lower control arm on the driver's side is rusting through... So, I went to the local yard today (T & L Automotive) to see what they've got... I've got a '94 Cavalier 2 Door, 2.2L I4 and an Isuzu 5MT. They have one whole Cav for sale. Not sure about the year, looks like a 92-94 (probably a '94 since I've never seen one so clean and figure there's no way an older one in my town got taken care of like that) 4 Door, 2.2L I4 (no tach, so it's a four) and an automatic. I don't like autos. However, I can manage a tranny swap.

Anyway, I'm not sure about mileage... Body's good, tires are excellent, and look like they haven't been on there long. The interior is pristine in like, ever possible way. It just needs some TLC. Sound system is stock But I have a whole system (Two back speakers from an old Buick that RAAAAAWR! and two in the front from an old Dodge truck that SCREAM! plus my cd deck) that can go in there.

So, if it needs an engine, I have a relatively good engine with 137,5xx on it, and I have my transmission. The body is great... Mine is rusting out: Bottoms of doors, rear bumper (front was already replaced) quarters, rockers, and the front fenders are starting. I also have a small hole in my gas tank.

This one looks pristine in comparison. The doors are starting, just barely. Rear bumper is rusted, but not too bad, and replacements are cheap. I didn't check the front one since I have an almost brand new front bumper right here. Paint is much better. My paint is so bad that you can rub it and your hand turns blue. (The previous owner went to a really bad paint shop, the new peeled off and took some of the old with it. Booooo!) This one is white, but it looks damn good.

What do y'all think?

I may wind up on here repeatedly for a tranny swap if I get it. I know I can do it, but I've never done one. Therefore, I might muck something up and wind up in bad need of assistance... Or maybe not. I can't see the future.

Mine cost $400, this one is $500 out the door.

They don't have a key for it. They're looking for one to fit it, and might find one. If not, I can go down there and swap the columns, or just tow it home and do it here.

This looks gooooooooooooood.

"Would you go with me, if we roll down streets of fire?
Would you hold on to me tighter, as the summer sun got higher?
If we roll from town to town, and never shut it down?"
-Excerpt from "Would You Go With Me", by Josh Turner

Re: Past, present, and future.
Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:02 PM
Take it! Good condition bodies are hard to find. I almost got one from a dealer a couple years back, but they wanted too much for it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Re: Past, present, and future.
Friday, May 02, 2008 2:49 PM
Scott Ryman wrote:I wish my car ran.

x2 ... well mine does.. but not very well

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search