91-94 sunbird - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
91-94 sunbird
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:50 AM
anybody have a shell or a rusted out one or with a bad engine that they want to get rid of? I need one in the worst way. preferably close to buffalo ny but id be willing to drive a few hundred miles to get it. i would like to spend like 300-400 bucks. Thanks!

Shawn

Re: 91-94 sunbird
Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:43 PM
this is a real problem finding anything like this for this much because with scrap prices up over 200 a ton you get around 400 a car with a little scrap metal with it, and so ppl who scrap metal and cars on the side and whatever are scrounging after anything sitting around rusted or dead suich as what you are looking for, and these type of ppl much rather like to haul to the shredder than sell for the same as they will get from the yard.

you will most likely not find one for this low of price, unless you beat a scrapper to one, or you will have to spend a bit more and get a runnign driving one

i would do some searching around your town for one abandoned looking or expired plates on it and leave a note at the house or on the car offering to buy it for a couple hundred

this is how you get your hands on cars like you what are looking for

ive been doing the same for over a decade i have had in my posession now over 200 vehicles from the 60's to 90's buy sell trade drive part scrap

etc

just some info that may help you maybe

times are different these days

junk cars and metal are worth some decent $
unlike in the past, about 3 years ago and before

good luck!

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:36 PM
It's possible, I just found myself a 1990 Sunbird for $350... it's in good running order. Just keep your eyes out, look on ebay or craigslist. you never know.

"No matter the size, big or small, any obstacle can easily be overcome with large amounts of High Explosive"
Monday, June 16, 2008 9:21 PM
im looking for a cheap bird too...had one.. dad got mad, and junked it... bastard lol

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Friday, July 18, 2008 12:29 PM
What do you need it for or more inportantly define "Rusted out". I have one but it isn't road worthy. I live an hour and a half from you near Hamilton Ontario Canada. Not to get your hopes up just curious.

Shawn Whiddon wrote:anybody have a shell or a rusted out one or with a bad engine that they want to get rid of? I need one in the worst way. preferably close to buffalo ny but id be willing to drive a few hundred miles to get it. i would like to spend like 300-400 bucks. Thanks!

Shawn

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search