turbo chicky - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo chicky
Friday, May 09, 2008 3:08 PM
i just got a 1990 turbo convertible. the motor is blown.. and i cant find a turbo one .. so i was going to juts put a n/a one in it for now, and see how it does .. if it runs good then ill build the motor. i know the stock pistons are cast and junk, but i just want to make sure everything works before i go spending money. i already made header to run a t3t4 turbo . just got done with the front mount and piping. but i heard to use the n/a cam because the lift is higher? but is it good for boost? just a rumor i want to see if its true or not..( i still have the turbo head) i already heard about the head gasket, i have it wrote down somewhere the number were to get one.. and i also did the v6 radiator since everyone said to use that one and just fit your own hoses..my friend said he could burn me a chip.i was just planning on running 10psi for now. if theres anything else to help this little bird move better let me know thanks.. ill post pics of the header and front mount i did.. all tig welded..

Re: turbo chicky
Friday, May 09, 2008 5:58 PM
heres a couple of quick pics...

heres a pic of a turbo kit i built for a freind..

Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:45 AM

Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:37 AM
nice
Sunday, May 11, 2008 3:42 PM
thanks. anybody now abotu the whole cam think?
Thursday, May 15, 2008 3:41 PM
To my knowledge you are correct about the cam. If memory serves me, the NA cam and the turbo cam are the same, accept the NA cam has a higher lift (something like a 225 turbo lift and 245 NA lift, don't quote me on the numbers though).

I read about someone swapping the throttle body out to a bigger one but I can't remember which one it was!! ARGHGHGH!!! I'm getting forgetful in my old age!

I had an '89 convertible Turbo Bird a few years ago. Man I learned a lot with that car! It was a blast!

91 Cav "GT"<-- R.I.P.
91 Cavalier Wagonstein - Turbocharged wagon goodness
You can take my rifle when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:41 PM
yea the throttle body are way bigger. i already did that swap.. and everything. shoudld be driving it today.
Monday, June 02, 2008 6:46 PM
Do a fiero throttle body swap, stock turbo throttle bodys are 42MM and i beleive N/A MFI is either 43 or 46MM, fiero throttle body is 52MM, and ive seen people bore them and use a mod to get them to 58MM. Also, could you maybe make me a turbo manifold for my 2.0L turbo? PM me and let me know. Thanks.

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:31 PM
How did this go?

What pistons and rods u use?

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:02 AM
Do not use the N/A cam. It is not well suited at all for a turbo engine, lfit is not all that matters on a cam, but also the timing of the valves which is really what matters here with a turbo engine. You want that nice hot exhaust gas to spin the turbo. If you have other questions, please phrase them in a form of a question and I'll answer them, your first post was rather hard to read. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:36 AM
the n/a cam is degreed different from the turbo cam? What is the difference, if any in duration.

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search