Engine Help - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Help
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:22 AM
Anyone in the wyoming michigan area who is good with a 1992 cavalier 2.2 engine. I run it on a 1/2 mile oval track. The engine seems to be dead at the top end. I run it in 3rd gear. If anyone can help me please e-mail me at gerrshep@aol.com.

Thanks

Re: Engine Help
Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:44 PM
what are the rules for your class... i have a head that i have ported and polished and have a welth of other info for this motor ... email me with any ?

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:40 PM
The rules are open. What all can be done to this engine. With more air it would need more fuel. How do you go about getting more. Please e-mail me with any informatioin you may have about this engine. Can this engine be tuned for higher performance.

Thanks
Gerry
Monday, July 21, 2008 7:58 PM
well the exhaust mani is one of the most restrictive parts for this engine in stock form ..... the next is the head ... fuel is going to be a problem ... that ecm is NOT tunable ( we dont have any programs that will work with it ) so your left with eather a ecm swap or to go standalone ..... i pers perfer the mega squirt 2 plat form for the stand alone...
after that you could make a custom intake mani (not just the air box) with a bigger tb from a 2.4 quad
as far as the head goes ... roller rockers are out thare and the lsx valve springs will work with this motor ......let me know the way you chose to go and ill try to help more

Monday, July 21, 2008 8:07 PM
Where can i find the mega squirt 2 platform. Also I tried the roller rockers and have no top end speed not sure what I done wrong to cause that. I have not done any other mods to it. I did run a port and polished head with roller rockers and detonated number 2 & 3 spark plug twice. Good power for about 2 laps before losing power because of the plugs. Is it because of the lack of fuel that would happen.
Again Thanks for your help.

Gerry
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search