TCC 91 cavalier 2.2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TCC 91 cavalier 2.2
Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:26 PM
i just did a recent tune up to my 1991 cavalier 2.2L tbi (plugs and wires) and i discovered that the previous owner had the TCC disconnected. i hooked it back up, car doesn't display usual TCC problem of stalling at red lights. i am getting a slight interment vibration that i can feel after the torque converted engages lockup. vibration is felt when you apply slight throttle to go up a hill or accelerate. if you apply enough throttle to drop it out of lockup, it goes away. i want to leave the TCC connected, it saves gas and my engine will last longer with a lower cruising engine RPM. gas is very expensive which is why i bought this car in the first place. i want every MPG possible from it. what causes this vibration and can i just ignore it and run the car like it is anyway without damaging the engine or transmission. i have a feeling that my torque converter is a little worn and i will just live with it for now.

Re: TCC 91 cavalier 2.2
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:17 PM
You only get intermittent vibration? Lucky. Ours rattled unendingly, except that time we accidentally tossed premium in the tank...

2010 Honda Fit LX
Re: TCC 91 cavalier 2.2
Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:08 AM
i would almost think it is one of your motor mounts is bad try looking at them and let us know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search