c20get questions - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
c20get questions
Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:06 PM
Hiya people!

First of all let me introduce myself. Ok, ok...i know there is a newbies section in which people can introduce themselves. Im just here for the sec. gen cars so i will only introduce myself here

Im René and come from the Netherlands, Europe. 26 years old and driving Opel. Opel is also know as GM.

Recently i have bought myself an engine to rebuild it and build it into my '89 Corsa. This engine is the c20ne, better know as an 2.0 8v engine.
Know i have heared about the c20get engine which can be found in the US/South America and is build in, for example, the Pontiac Grand AM.

I really like to know more about this engine. Like which injectors are used with it? Are parts, for the c20get, very easy to find over there?
If so, what do they cost? And if someone has stuff......is he willing to ship it to europe?

To begin i need the manifold + turbo. Turbo needs to be in good condition. Manifold doesn't really matter to me. Also i need the injectors and the wiring + computer.

Maybe it is better to ship an entire engine to europe....dont know what this will cost?

Well, if anyone knows more about it.....let me know, im very curious

Cheers!
René

Re: c20get questions
Friday, July 25, 2008 4:25 AM
The C20NE isn't that different from the GET engine. Both engines use the same block, heads, cam, crank, and rods. The GET has forged pistons made by Mahle and it uses a distributor. The injectors are low impedance types about 28 lbs/hr and the turbo is a small T25. The computers are getting harder to find and they are not programmed to work with the crank trigger wheel on the C20NE. You need to install a distributor which works with the turbo computer or you need to machine a different crank wheel. The C20GET intake is painted red and says "TURBO" in big letters, but the C20NE manifold has a larger throttle body.

Is it easy to get used parts where you are? I'd bet you could find suitable injectors and a turbo from a Saab or a Volvo if you have any salvage yards there.

-->Slow
Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:54 PM
why search for a saab/volvo turbo if the turbo + manifold from a GET are plug and play for the c20ne?

what is the crank trigger wheel? dont know the translation, you ve got pictures of it?

that still leaves me the question wether those parts are easy, and cheap, to find in the US?

Grt.
Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:51 PM
Because the GET exh manifold is pretty restrictive and the turbo is tiny. The Saab/Volvo turbo would be a T3 which is a lot more common so it'd be easier to find adapters, maybe even an exhaust header for your engine. The crank trigger wheel is a disc that is attached to the crankshaft and acts as a reference for the computer to know when to fire the spark, basically.
You can find GET exh manifolds pretty easily in the US and the turbos pop up pretty frequently too. Look on ebay and you'll probably find a bunch.

Tony
1987 Sunbird GT turbo convert
Ported intake, Fiero 53 MM TB, 52 lb inj, ported and flowed head, tube header, Mitsu TD06, ARP rod
bolts/head studs, adj cam sprocket, 4" x 12" x 31" FMIC, Paxton AFPR, modified 125 trans/LSD
unit/3.42's, custom chip tuning, Alky Control Methanol injection
13.61 ET at 101.44 mph, 262 WHP/350WTQ

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP roadster, 2.0 turbo w/GMPP exh, CAI and turbo upgrade, 290 hp/325 ft lbs

1969 Olds 442 convert
400 Eng, 200-4R trans, 3.73 posi, power everything, OAI

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:49 PM
The crank trigger wheel is a non issue if you have a C20NE that uses a distributor. Even if you have a newer C20NE without the dizzy, as long as you use a C20GET wiring harness you dont have to worry about the crank trigger wheel, just leave the sensor there to fill the hole in the block and ignore it, the ECM dosent need it.
There is quite a few of them around here, I just sold a complete harness and ECM to a guy on v6z24.com a few weeks ago.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:55 AM
Tyrin, am i I misunderstanding you? The C20NE does not use a distributor. The C20NE is the 92-94 PFI equipped engine with DIS. And you cannot "just" use the distributor wiring harness without a distributor to connect it to. Maybe I'm reading this wrong? Hey, but if you have any more parts to sell please contact me.

René B., many of the T25 turbos used on the Sunbirds are "tired" and need to be rebuilt. They are "small" and typically get replaced be the performance oriented. They use a smaller flange than the more common and larger T3 that performance minded people use which means you need to modify the manifold to make the larger turbo fit. Knowing this happens, why try to get parts which you will only remove anyway. And when you consider the cost of buying and shipping these parts, plus the potential costs of having to rebuild the turbo, why would you not choose to use parts you can find locally?

If you are interested in using stock parts I would also recommend Ebay (or Tyrin ).

-->Slow
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:26 PM
I have a turbo intake manifold, turbo injectors, turbo fuel rail, turbo guage cluster, turbo throttle body, boost solinoid, turbo ECM, turbo engine wiring harness, I have 3 of the turbo rods and pistons, turbo cam, distributor, ect. . If your interested in anything, shoot me an email. I am willing to ship to you. Thanks.

E-Mail - bullet0597@yahoo.com

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:36 PM
the N/A 2.0 OHC from 88-91 used a distributor, sorry i said C20NE. I forgot the older NA 2.0 had a diffrent engine code because it was TBI and not MPFI, maybe thats where i confused you.

I dont have a hole lot of C20GET parts left, really the only thing I have left that I want to sell is a getrag 282 5 speed with the driveshafts / half shaft but nobody wants to pay shipping, i think if you did the grey hound thing it might not be so bad, but i dunno. I've never quoted shipping on it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search