What a great day!!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What a great day!!!
Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:00 PM
Well it's been a very long time coming, but today the beast has risen from the dead!  After dicking around for years (i'm not kidding) and being screwed around by JBODYPERFORMANCE, and spending even more money to have the motor sent off to the machine shop, the car finally turned over and ran on her own today     What a great feeling! 
Well there were a few set backs: 
1. When removing the engine and most of its components, I broke the vacuum ball and i haven't had a chance to get another one yet.  Consequentely, the car idled uneven and a littler higher than normal 2. I found two coolant leaks: one at that "quick disconnect"  and another at that metal pipe that comes out of the top of the water pump.It was kind of amusing to hear it run with "open headers".  I hooked up the crossover pipe but i never reinstalled the exhaust system.  It was loud! 
Well, after i fix the coolant leaks and make sure that everything is sound i'll remove the motor again and get ready for the tedious task of stripping the car down and taking off ALL the paint and repainting the ENTIRE car.  Yes, even the engine compartment.  It's gonna take some time, blood and sweat but i'm greatly looking forward to when i can turn heads once again!

Brian

Keep watching, good things to come!

Re: What a great day!!!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:22 AM
pics?

91 all white drop top. Need parts!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search