88 Turbo Sunbird Conv. needs TEXTS for - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
88 Turbo Sunbird Conv. needs TEXTS for
Thursday, August 07, 2008 8:02 PM
I'm new to the forum but not to 2nd Gen J-cars. My 1st was a '88 Sunbird GT Turbo Coupe at 16. Now many years and a variety of cars later I've gone back to my 1st car. Looked far and wide to find it, but I did. A two-toned '88 Sunbird GT Turbo Convertible - mint w/ only 5K on it.
Reason for my post is to say it's in a historic GM event in conjunction with the Woodward Dream Cruise in the Detroit area, called the Century of GM Cruise. My J-Car was chosen as one of 100 vehicles to be in the historic event. From the car that shined the brightest to finding out who won a stoplight drag race, Detroit's Woodward Ave, has always been about "bragging rights." As part of GM's Century Cruise, GM adds a new twist on the bragging rights and will crown a "top cruiser" from the vehicles participating in the Century Cruise.

Each cruiser has been assigned a parade position. The Sunbird Turbo is # 91. If you are attending on Aug 16th, the same # will appear on the cars. Parade attendees can vote for their favorite car by texting "GM" and the assigned number to 466398 (GMnext) between Aug. 7th-16th, (at 6:00pm EDT). To submit your votes for this Sunbird Turbo as the Top Cruiser text: GM91 to 466398. Voters can vote for their favorite as often as they'd like. The announcement of the winner will be made Saturday evening at the cruise and presented live on Detroit's WXYZ TV. We'll do our best to represent the J-Car at this high profile event. Attached is a picture of the car. We would appreciate every vote from the J-car fan base. Text: GM91 to 466398 Event info at www.GMnext.com. Direct link to car below:

http://www.gmnext.com/Photos.aspx?id=7840cbfa-622c-4507-9fc5-2574602b62dd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search