Need to get rid of a LOT of turbo sunbird parts!!!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need to get rid of a LOT of turbo sunbird parts!!!!
Sunday, August 17, 2008 4:37 PM
I have had this stuff for a couple years. I have two manual 2.0 turbo bottom ends. One has some miles and needs a rebuild, the other is fresh with zero miles bored .5mm over with OEM mahle pistons. The engine idled but never moved while waiting for suspension components to be completed. I also have a complete 5speed (getrag) trasmission swap including axles, cluster, cables, flywheel, clutch, ect... The rest ofthe parts are new in box unless designated otherwise.

Used bottom end $100 picked up
Rebuilt bottom end $350 picked up
Transmission swap $400 picked up
Cometic mls headgasket $75 shipped
ARP head studs $100 shipped
Used MSD coil $30 shipped
Used MSD 6AL $70 shipped

I'll have more up later and pictures upon request. Please don't PM me wit questions, respond here or e-mail me at FireballBMX22@comcast.net
Thanks, josh

PS: right now I'm rocking a 450hp 2001 GTI. It's a VR6 with a GT35R set-up on it. :-) Free rides to anyone who picks up parts.

Cardomain|Myspace

Re: Need to get rid of a LOT of turbo sunbird parts!!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:48 PM
OK, would you be interested in selling the pressure plate, friction disk, and release bearing?

The bottom end that needs rebuilt, whats wrong with it? Block and everything fine?

I have some other questions not related to this sell, u ever on any messenger?

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:22 PM
The engine that needs rebuilding only needs it because it has been sitting. You could clean it (hone, add assembly lube to bearings, ect) and use it just as it sits.
The clutch is brand new on here so I would rather not part it from the trans swap.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:37 PM
The 6AL...

Is this the old version I assume?

I would think I would easily be able to set this up on an OBDII car running HPT as well correct?

and finally...

This has the two step rev limiter correcT?

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, September 04, 2008 4:04 PM
Quote me a shipping cost for a whole bottom end to 66801 thanks.

89 355 s10 blazer
Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:20 PM
alex i dont think it would, simply beacuse the 6AL is used for a dizzy, not coilpacks. you need a MSD, DIS 2 or 4

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:44 PM
Correct, the 6al is for a distributor set-up only. You would have to convert to use it and that would basically be pointless since you have an arguably better set-up.

Shipping would be in the range of $100 but I can get a quote. Are you looking for the new or the used bottom end?

Cardomain|Myspace

Friday, September 05, 2008 7:39 PM
used engine. I may try to make a deal with your on the engine, head gasket, and head studs.

Do you have pics of this stuff i can see. If you cant put them on here, chad_1_99@hotmail.com is my email.

89 355 s10 blazer
Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:28 PM
btw, u have the getrag tranny mount and shift cable mount?????

89 355 s10 blazer
Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:11 AM
just out of curiousity do you have any turbos for this im wanting to put it on a stock 2.2 ohv

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:53 PM
13 days now, i think hes gone LOL.. if i could only find his engine....

Damn i really need a 2.0 turbo shortblock,t thats the only thing im lacking..

89 355 s10 blazer

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:30 PM
sorry man, forgot to answer the questions. I have the mounts for the shift cable and the trans mounts but I'd like to keep the swap together as one pice. I also found the ECU but it is an automatic ECU.

I do not have one of the stock turbos anymore but I do have a manifold. Unfortunately the OHC and OHV motors don't use the same flange.

I can get pictures of the engine tomorrow for you but I sold the head studs already. The gasket I still have though. If you want a 2.0 short block just to build, I have a set of pistons and rods you could stick in your block for much cheaper. If you want something that runs, e-mail me and we could work something out on the rebuilt bottom end. I doubt the used block is worth shipping, there is no guarantee that it will run.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:53 PM
If someone ones to come pick up EVERYTHING for $500, hit me up. The head studs are gone. Everything else total cost me over $2000, take it all home for less than a quarter of that.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, October 02, 2008 4:55 PM
@!#$ it, just sell those shifter line and salve cyl brakets to me. lol

89 355 s10 blazer
Monday, October 13, 2008 5:41 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:39 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:I have had this stuff for a couple years. I have two manual 2.0 turbo bottom ends. One has some miles and needs a rebuild, the other is fresh with zero miles bored .5mm over with OEM mahle pistons. The engine idled but never moved while waiting for suspension components to be completed. I also have a complete 5speed (getrag) trasmission swap including axles, cluster, cables, flywheel, clutch, ect... The rest ofthe parts are new in box unless designated otherwise.

Used bottom end $100 picked up
Rebuilt bottom end $350 picked up
Transmission swap $400 picked up
Cometic mls headgasket $75 shipped
ARP head studs $100 shipped
Used MSD coil $30 shipped
Used MSD 6AL $70 shipped

I'll have more up later and pictures upon request. Please don't PM me wit questions, respond here or e-mail me at FireballBMX22@comcast.net
Thanks, josh

PS: right now I'm rocking a 450hp 2001 GTI. It's a VR6 with a GT35R set-up on it. :-) Free rides to anyone who picks up parts.

What else has the same bellhousing to do the swap?
Monday, December 15, 2008 11:37 PM
Someone come pick up all this junk and you can leave with it for $300.... I'm desperate.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search