electrical help - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
electrical help
Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:51 PM
my buddys cavi just died out again as i was following him.
we had replaced the alt and battery cause thats what it would do before,
lose all power lights everything then stalls out.
i was thinking maybe the fuselink went out but we haven't touched the starter so i just am wondering if anyone else
has had this happen to them.
any feedback would be great.

Re: electrical help
Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:00 AM
check all ground connections (engine,body ecu)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:16 PM
yeah i looked an cleaned those connections but it didnt do anything. my battery light is still on but goes off under intense acceleration. i replaced the battery and alternator an tried your ground connections so can anyone else help me out? please? i need to crap cavi for work!!! please help thank youy
Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:20 PM
not just the conections check the cables use a ohm meter and check resistance between both ends corrosion could b inside the insulation and cause the same prob as a bad conection

Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:07 PM
Just a possibility but check the pwr wires for the ignition at the plug going from the firewall outside the engine going inside.The wire connection between the plug could be loose or riding along jiggles the connection making it intermittent and no pwr.Agreed on the corrosion being inside the battery cables or even grounds would cause the problem.Just a side not I would replace them if they are way old (I replaced my batt cables) the copper was iffy no problem but, worth the effort regardless.If it was the fusible links the at the starter the car would not start at all.Sounds more like a bad connection and tend to think it may be between the plug in conn at the firewall to the inside(try pushing in the wiring on each terminal on the engine bay side 1st) and see if that makes any difference.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search