Starting issues - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Starting issues
Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:41 PM
What could make this happen? While trying to start my car, something happened where I don't have any power... everything died... no lights, no bings...nothing!
Has anyone had this happen to them or know what's going on?

Thanks,

Brian

Keep watching, good things to come!

Re: Starting issues
Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:35 PM
First off you need to check the battery with a multimeter for voltage.Ur battery may have a dead cell which inturn causes the no power issue(I have had this happen).If after you check have at least 12.5 volts shake the battery (take the hold down loose) and see if after the fact if will show pwr on the ign on.U may want to use a bat charger to jump or cables to try to jump it.Unless the alter is gone,or a bad ground,I would lean def towards the battery 1st.A dead cell can be intermittent but,ultimately it will come back due to plates in the battery crack and will not hold a charge and create the no pwr or not enuff juice to start the car or maybe make the starter click but no start.Age of the battery makes no diff on the dead cell issue it can be fairly new or 2-3 yrs old or more.I had a battery like 3 yrs old do this drove the veh to get gas then nothing.I jumped it and started but after a load test it was shown to be weak and repl it.SImple deal.Unless ur ground wires are not making a good ground or maybe the alternator is not charging which is a possibility that is prolly the route of the issue.If you fully charge the battery 24 hrs (recommend) then car does not hold a charge or the alter shows less voltage than the battery then the alter is the culprit.12 hrs is ok on the charge but,24 is better and if the alternator is in ? get it bench tested at auto zone for free,yeah u have to remove it from the car to do this.I think the batt is more the issue,but it varies.Sorry about the book.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search