88 Cimmaron 2.8L V6 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
88 Cimmaron 2.8L V6
Friday, August 15, 2008 12:34 PM
Hey everyone. Im new to the forum and was lookin to do a few upgrades to the Caddy. Anyone have any pics or advice on putting together a home made air intake?? Any help is appreciated...

Re: 88 Cimmaron 2.8L V6
Monday, August 18, 2008 4:42 PM
Its pretty straighforward. You can buy a generic one on ebay and make it work, for alot cheaper than you would piecing one together. If I was you though, I would keep it stock. You have a somewhat rare car, restoration is a better route now.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:22 AM
Ya lucky bastard. Like James said you should seriously think about keeping that stock. 1988 was the last year for Cimarron and they didn't sell that many that year either. Call GM's Heritage Center and get some info about your car it might be quite rare. For a quick pickup in power get a K&N filter, they make one for the stock airbox.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 7:50 PM
Sorry bout being so late to respond...been busy wit school. The main reason I wanted an intake was for that extra sound. It sounds good but i kno when i get a better exhaust and air intake itd really be nice. Im not lookin to just do a basic restore since i really plan on keeping this car forever. Its fun to have and most ppl still dont kno what to think about it lol
Sunday, October 26, 2008 7:54 PM
I also plan on calling that GM Heritage center, sounds like a good idea
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:21 PM
Good idea to try and keep it stock as possible mostly for the age and eventually classic that it will be shortly.I myself have tried to keep my 85 cav stock as possible minus the head unit.If you want go to cardomain clik on the model,yr 85 cav and mine is ronsoldcav sorry for no link I have not been on here in couple days.This page shows all the fun,drama with resto stuff I have done.Granted the cimm is a cav and most is the same.Cool ride and post a pic of on here sometime.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:16 PM
nice... i haven't even seen a cimmaron before... you're pretty frigging lucky... if you do end up doing a cai id keep the stock hardware and everything... if its in good shape... im sure parts ae running thin these days...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search