Extreme Delusions - ITS BACK!!! - PROGRESS THREAD - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Extreme Delusions - ITS BACK!!! - PROGRESS THREAD
Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:48 PM
After two years of sitting, i finally got back to work on my car...

A little history, I took it to Freak Show 2006, on the way out, i misjudged a ditched, and broke the mold between the front bumper and fender. During the past 2 years, the crack has gotten worse and worse and worse to the point where the bumper has all but separated from the fenders, and the grille and the head lights are breaking out.

Heres a couple older pics of the car as a refresher

Really old pic

----------------------------------

First thing, i had to pressure wash the driveway, look at the mark the car left sitting so long

Heres the condition of the car as it started

You can see whats left of my 4 year old JBO sticker. I'll be replacing it with 6 year calendared vinyl

From there i towed it out to Versatile Designs, where we first fixed the roof damage (due to wind damage (debris hit the car)), removed the front wide body (to be reshaped to flow better with the body lines), removed all the decals except the "Final Phase" decal (as once upon a time, many owners ago, Versatile was known as Final Phase) and removed the front end, so that it can be done inside and out.

The main focus right now is the front end.

As much as i like the look of 5 star rims, one of my Enkeis have a small hairline crack across the bead, and only holds air for about 8 hours. So i switched my tires over to Scion TC wheels. (due to an upcoming car show), I intend on eventually using a TIG welder with an aluminum rod to fix the rim (or if anyone has any better suggestions), and clean up the curb checking, repaint them to match the car's color scheme, buy new tires for em, and sell the TC wheels.

More pics to come soon, including pics of the TC wheels on the car (Waiting on one replacement tire to come in)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:51 PM

Re: Extreme Delusions - ITS BACK!!! - PROGRESS THREAD
Friday, October 17, 2008 6:39 AM
except the front end, it didnt look like it was in too bad of shape. good to see its back on the block though

Friday, October 17, 2008 7:32 AM
Not how I would of done the car personally, but I agree with Tabs. Looks like the front was really the only point that was pretty bad.

I'll wait until final judgement though after there is some paint on the car.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:16 PM
Its about damn time.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:33 AM
heres some more pics....

We're planning on Painting it Wednesday night... So like 2 days to finish it... We'll see!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:37 AM

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:50 AM
its gonna be a lot fo work ahead of you guys
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:44 AM
Nice to see it coming back but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont tilt the damn plate

Satch Timeline Progress Thread
JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:57 AM
Jeffy: too late... but its a mild tilt... enough to know it was intentional, but not as much as the mini truckers do... I'm cutting the trunk on that black line and molding everything below. I'm going to attempt to use hood pins to keep the trunk shut... and i may have a suicide idea in the works

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:02 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But yes suicide it that could be nice and distract me from your crooked ways

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:09 AM
I need to find some hinges... I'm about to head to the junk yard... i need to get the replacement Cowl. Replacement flip down mirrors (I stirpped mine to wrap tweed on them 3 years ago, and they got wet and rotted out in storage), and maybe a Headliner if i can find a decent one... otherwise i'll have to go GM's obsolete warehouse

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:13 AM
Good luck homie

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:42 AM
holy ten layers of filler batman. and i see you jacked my plate @!#$.

lookin good though

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:18 PM
what do you need for stock parts, i have about 20 2nd gens in my junkyard ill send stuff down if you pay shipping
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:38 PM
Joey: I knew i stole it from someone... but i couldn't remember whom... If i couldnt have gotten WASACAV i would have ended up getting SPDLN 02 --- I think WASACAV is a bit more fitting

Bob: Thanks but i ended up getting everything i needed at the yard today

----
Heres some more pics... i had to use my camera phone cause i left the camera at the house today

i used black tweed on the head liner... like all second gen headliners, it started deteriorating as soon as i pulled it from the junkyard car. To make matters worse, i have an after market sunroof, so i had to mock it up in the car and cut out the sunroof, which caused it to deteriorate more. So i used a couple spare pieces of tweed on the back side to help reinforce the deterioration cracks.

The red cowl is my replacement for mine since mine has sections missing out if it from over the years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:42 PM

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:40 AM
if you guys know of anyone that needs stuff jusst have them message me. all i use are the bodie s and motors every stich of interior and electronics is puled i dont mind helping out people on here
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:33 PM
sooo....get it all done in time? cause that was a helluva lot to have to do in that short of a time period

Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:13 AM
things have been pushed back... the trunk is almost ready to block, the hood is almost ready to block, and the front widebody was shaped tonight and will get filled tomorrow morning...

I may just prime it, go to Freak Show one more time under construction, and then come back and block it next week... it all depends on how well things go tomorrow... i don't want to waste the paint to paint on flaws.

9 PM tomorrow is my cut off time...

Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:28 AM
less posty, more worky on finishy

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:56 PM
goodluck kyle!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:25 PM
You're alive?!?!

ahem... good to see the car is coming together... really never heard about the ditch incident that had to suck...

and yes more finishy!

Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:24 PM
well a set back... we missed the deadline for primer to take it to the show...

So i took my Z24...

i made the 4 hour trip down, and was heading to the showgrounds Saturday morning, and on the way the check engine light started flashing, the motor was running off and on like a spark plug was fouled.... then i smelled something burning.... So i pulled over, turned the car off, and popped the hood. there was oil everywhere. The exhaust cam shot through the cam tower... i think one of the lifters exploded.

Sooooo i'm dealing with getting my daily driver back on the road and then back to work on the 93... Hopeuflly i'll have all the parts for the Z this week

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search