89 Sunbird GT Convertible needs new locks - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
89 Sunbird GT Convertible needs new locks
Saturday, November 08, 2008 7:48 AM
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, so please treat me with patience
The short story: My mother traded this car for an antique cocoo clock. The car was in quite a bad shape, the engine didn't even move. Now it looks better, got a new paint, engine running, etc. One big problem is, that all the keys are missing. I have to find replacement for all the locks, and the ignition switch. I live in Hungary, Europe, so it's harder than you think, US cars are quite rare here.
So I started searching all over the net, and ended up being totally confused about years, models, what will fit in what.
For example, here's an ad from e-bay: http://tinyurl.com/5uaudb
It says, it's for 4 door models '92-'94
But I've seen items, looking exactly like these, for other model years, and model types. Were these locks really changed from time to time? This kit would be perfect for me, they ship worldwide, and the same key goes for the trunk and the doors.
So is there any chance these will fit in, or I have to carry on searching?

Thanks

Re: 89 Sunbird GT Convertible needs new locks
Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:23 PM
they will fit!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:10 PM
Why can't a locksmith make new keys? Happens all the time here in Virginia when cars are auctioned off. It's also cheap.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:25 PM
Well, I'm not the one, who is organising the renewal, i doesn't even live in the same city, and I got the info from them, that the locksmith couldn't make the keys. But if it's so ordinary, first I will try to find another locksmith, who is capable. Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search