2.2 OHV OBD1 => 2000 2.4 DOHC OBD2 Questions - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 OHV OBD1 => 2000 2.4 DOHC OBD2 Questions
Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:37 PM
has anyone put the 2000 + 2.4 with the F23 Getrag tranny in a second gen??? i ask because it doesn't seem to be a common swap, over the 5 years ive been on the org, i cannot remember any major discussions on it.

Also out of curiosity... has anyone put the third gen dash, air box, cluster, wiring, and steering wheel hub + wheel on a second gen...

if both are true, i'm really thinking about taking my spare 2.4 and dropping it in the 93. the 2.2 can't handle the weight of the car, and has no accelleration, and being a show car, the third gen dash would not only look hot, it would allow me to directly swap all the wiring over to the 2.4 out of the third gen

failing that, i could always modify the second gen dash to accept the third gen cluster, and splice the wiring where needed...

Re: 2.2 OHV OBD1 => 2000 2.4 DOHC OBD2 Questions
Friday, November 07, 2008 4:09 PM
The 2.4 ECOTEC? Or the LD9? I know the ECO swap has been done, and I know theres been a 2.3 Quad 4 swap done. I'm having a lapse of Justin's SN here, to find a link to the swap pics for the ECO. Search for speedvisioncavalier to see pics of the Quad.

I don't think it would be in your best interest to swap the entire body harness from a 3rd gen in. They have the Passlock, and it requires all sorts of extra wiring and junk that will just be in your way. The cluster is the least of your worries. Go with a standalone system. You can still swap the dash and stuff, but leave the harness behind.

Friday, November 07, 2008 8:51 PM
i have dashes if ya need one. i think if you do the dash do some more of the 3rd gen interior
Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:09 AM
BoostNBags?????

watch for flying sparks!!!
Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:58 PM
LD9...

so the dash is do able... ??? the rest of my interior is either tweed wrapped, fibreglass wrapped, or sanded smooth and painted

as of now i have:
* a F23 getrag trans that needs a counter shaft and dog teeth on gear two
* An LD9 Bottom End, that needs a new cyl 1 piston

I may be getting an Extra LD9 head within the next couple weeks... so once i rebuild everything, i'll have a motor

i want to twin charge the motor, i'm not looking for ultimate speed, but seeing a working super and turbo in a show car will gain me points.

Bob: it'll be a little bit before i can start this project, but i'll get with you about a dash if you still have any.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:25 PM
ya i just bought a 5th 3rd gen, they are all sitting beside the garage in a row. really need to get rid of the 2nd gens. probabyl start junking them this week if anyone knows someone who needs parts froma 2nd gen let me know
Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:38 PM
boostNbags wrote:BoostNBags?????

That be it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search