I.D. OPTIONS LOCATION/BREAKDOWN - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I.D. OPTIONS LOCATION/BREAKDOWN
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:36 PM
I have an 89 Sunbird GT Turbo, all original 149K miles that I bought 6 1/2 years ago. My teen kids have been driving it the last 5 years and now it's back to me. I love this cars power and handling. It's not like my V8's but for a 4 banger, it moves fast. I noticed someone posted they had a 1ST GEN with WS6. WS6 is a performance option on Trans Am/Formula. Was it also on the 2ND GEN and how do I identify it or where are the build codes and where can I get the breakdown of each code? Thanks

Re: I.D. OPTIONS LOCATION/BREAKDOWN
Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:42 PM
Your build codes should be on a sheet behind the hood insulation. If they aren't there, they may be on a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid. If not there, you'll probably have to get the VIN broken down at your local dealer.

I don't know the code breakdown (and I don't think there has ever been a list put together either). The dealer can tell you what each one means, or you can Google most of them. As far as what means what (in reference to your WS6), not all codes mean the same thing on all cars. And not all codes have to do with the same thing either.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search