Coolant Leak in my winter beater - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coolant Leak in my winter beater
Saturday, December 20, 2008 12:36 PM
well i got a 92 2.0 4 door sunbird auto and the car never seem to warm up temp guage never really moved until i got in stop and go traffic it would go a quarter of the way up not even half and the upper rad hose would have coolant bypassing the clamp and coming out of the top of the hose. So i changed the clamp to a S S real hose clamp not that cheap $h!t thats on it and put in a new thermostat car warms up good lots of heat car doesn't overheat except for the leak is the same.

Any Ideas ????

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: Coolant Leak in my winter beater
Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:34 AM
the leak is coming from the same location it was before? or its still leaking but your not sure where? If you don't know where you can buy a kit that attaches to the radiator and applies pressure to the system which will then show you your leak.
Re: Coolant Leak in my winter beater
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 10:03 PM
Simple check clean the eng bay with foamy eng clean (eng hot) and use some brake clean after around the thermostat housing and hoses and both the hoses coming from the firewall for the heater core.I would do this and let sit overnite then check after several hrs bc ur leak may be when the car cools and could even be the radiator cap loosing pressure(not uncommon) .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search