car wont start - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car wont start
Saturday, December 20, 2008 3:43 PM
So i came out to my car today after parking it last night. Wouldn't start, didnt even crank over didnt do anything. I jumpstarted it and drove it to my garage where I changed the starter with a brand new one (starter was getting weak anyway) and still nothing. I checked the ignition wire and theres no power making it to the starter when the key is in the start position. I then checked the fuses but they're all fine. I'm thinking maybe the button that the clutch pedal presses but I dont know any help would be wonderful.

Re: car wont start
Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:30 PM
Need a new battery?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:39 PM
+1 for new battery.

Go to autoparts store and get test of Alternator/Battery

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, December 21, 2008 8:08 AM
I work at a garage that my dad owns so I had already tested the battery as soon as I got there. Then I tested the alternator (which is brand new anyway) and they were both fine.

Fixed it, the clutch button works, but below that is a soft rubber strip that I can only assume acts like a sound deadener so you dont hear the clutch hitting the plastic button. The button is either worn or the rubber has come out some but either way the clutch cannot press the button all the way. If I press it with my finger vrrooom it starts right up, but i can stand on the clutch and I get nothing. So I fixed it by pulling out the plug and inserting a pin like the pin that goes into the end of a tie rod to keep the nut from backing off. Then I taped it there with electrical tape and wa-la. She now starts very quick because the old starter was dying anyway and I never have to worry about that switch because I completely bypassed it. I still might just cut off the plug and just join the wires but for now this works. I hope this helps someone although it doesn't seem like a common problem.

Thanks for your replies/interest

Brandon

bl
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search