Greeting !!! nubie from st. louis with ???s - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Greeting !!! nubie from st. louis with ???s
Monday, January 19, 2009 6:40 PM
Howdy, i am about to purchase a '94 cavy from my boss. Its got 223k on the clock with a bum fuel pump and at least a bad tranny mount. ( the obvious stuff needed) I found the tip/how-to on the fuel pump stating how to replace the pump and not the entire sending unit assy. that'll save big $$. Mainly my first of many ??s to come is... I am pretty sure there are some parts missing but don't know cause i have no other cavy to compare with. Is there supposed to be a plastic panel underneath the front end between the bumper and the rad core support? like a splash shield or something? i look down from the top and see the a/c condenser and the ground. Also on the firewall side where the wiper arm linkage is open showing the motor and some form of control module. I just thought there should be some kind of panel there also., to keep like leaves, branches, dead animals ect. out of that area? i tried all the search methods i could think of to no avail. please help. is there a specific model code for this style/year i saw a ld9 or something to that affect.
any help would be appreciated and look forward to many miles of happy motoring

Re: Greeting !!! nubie from st. louis with ???s
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:34 PM
I'll try to answer some of this. First off, yes there is a cover that should go over the wiper motors and what not. Any 88-94 cav should have the piece you're looking for. Junkyard is the best option. As for the "Model code" we don't have goofy chassis numbers to reference by like the imports, it's just a 2nd gen J-body.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search