Picking up 88' Z24 - Interior Q'S - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picking up 88' Z24 - Interior Q'S
Friday, February 06, 2009 8:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm picking up this Z24 on Sunday:

Got her for here body, only one spot of rust coming through the paint on the door in that Pic about the size of a quarter, and still under the paint. It has a 2.8 with 130,000mi and a 3-Speed Auto with ~40,000. Mechanically, it runs. Body looks great for what it is, could use paint. However, the interior will be a loss. The window is off track on the drivers door, and there is plenty of water (frozen now) in it. I will be pulling an interior from another Z, or going for something a little more fancy. I would like to go black leather, does anyone know of a car with black leather front seats that would fit well? For the rear, I may try to fit in a grand prix rear bench if I can find one.

Suggestions welcome,

Im off to look over at V6Z24 too....

Re: Picking up 88' Z24 - Interior Q'S
Sunday, February 08, 2009 8:33 PM
The car looks great! I wish I could find a 2nd gen Z. LOL

JBO Member since 2006.
Friday, February 13, 2009 6:45 AM
If you replace the seats, I maybe interested in the old ones.
Saturday, February 14, 2009 8:46 PM
The water damage makes the drivers seat trash ( I cut off one leg to get it out). The passenger isn't to bad if you wanted it. I'm not shipping it anywhere. Its free, im in CT.

I got some door panels that are in great shape, and I picked up two seats from a 00 Z24. I may try to fit the rear in from it as well, If i can do that I will.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:51 PM
The best seats ever installed in a J car were on the Cadillac Cimarron. That car was useless as a Cadillac but chock full of goodies that can be transferred to other Js.

Cadillac Cimarron Interior

Contoured leather buckets - 6 way driver & passenger with recline. I am not sure if they ever made any black Cimarrons but you can have the seats redyed.

As for non-J cars alot of people just pull stuff from a Pontiac Grand Am or another N-body car (Skylark, Calais, GrandAm, Beretta/Corsica) since the interior dimensions are close width wise.

GM Powertrain Engineer
Currently in Charlotte, NC
Worked at Lordstown Assembly in Mid 90s
Hamtramck, Lake Orion, Lansing Grand River
Currently work on older cars but support
any GM make or any car for that matter.
Owned 3 J's over the years among other cars.
Currently 88 Z24 Convert. Mostly stock.
Mild exhaust, chip, CAI, stereo, etc.
Feel free to hit me up on anything!
Monday, February 16, 2009 3:18 PM
I couldent find any good leather that was close, so I pulled seats from a 00-02 z24, and I plan to grab the bench too and fit that in somehow.

I'll be sure to post pics when I manage to get it done.

I ordered my carpet today, so I need to hurry and clean the surface rust offf some parts of the floor from all that water. I did one side of the car, 15-20 min of wire wheel and then some rustoleum spray....

Monday, February 16, 2009 7:20 PM
I'd grab the seats of of a newer Grand Am, or call me crazy, but a Cobalt coupe. Best seats in a compact I've ever sat in. When I get my Beretta in the yard, that's part of my plan for it. They look good and actually fit my head without being uncomfortable (Uncomfortable: 1) Someone who cannot be comforted. 2) The seats of a ninth gen corolla). Just pull that plastic bit off the side and you're set. Since the delta body is derived from the J, I can't imagine it being too difficult.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:38 AM
I've always been a fan of the Beretta GTZ seats in 2nd gen Z24s.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Monday, March 02, 2009 12:19 PM
Not bad, I got my gen 3 z24 seats already, but those look nice

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search