Weird Acceleration - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird Acceleration
Monday, February 16, 2009 4:13 AM
I just bought a 1990 Sunbird and it has this weird problem when I accerlerate. If I accelerate too fast it acts like it has a miss and the volt meter drops way down. If I go slow enough it just act like a miss. I have a new alt, and new bat so I dont get the volt meter dropping. I even replaced the belt and tensioner to make sure the belt wasnt slipping. I checked the plugs and wires and they arent new but aren't bad, has a pretty new cap and rotor too. Anyone have a suggestion on what else I could check?

Re: Weird Acceleration
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:55 PM
Check out ur coil or coil packs not to fluent on the 2nd gen cars even tho the engines are similar to the 1st gen.At first I thought fuel filter but,with a voltage drop indicates a electrical issue which would only point to a bad ground that needs to be cleaned or the coil getting weak and the spark from it would cause a skip/miss on accerleration.If the coil if it has one would just repl it unless u just want to check the voltage key on not running and then running.That is my recommend.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:02 PM
My recommendation is that you need to quit being such a douchebag alex. hahaha And sell that pos 300

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:04 PM

Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:48 PM
I have replace the alt, fixed the volt issue, but still act the same. I went a head and put a new igntion control mod, cap and rotor, coil, plugs and wires. That didn't help either so I put a new ecu. Last thing I have is the pickup coil assy. It totally lost spark finally. So Im hoping this is it. Oh and paul shut it, my pos 300 will be running soon enough.
Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:07 PM
hahaha glad to see that your utilizing the org for your 2nd gen good luck and let me know if i can help you out man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search