Stand Alone LS1-Ls6 Coil-on-plug kit for V6? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stand Alone LS1-Ls6 Coil-on-plug kit for V6?
Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:42 PM
Just curious if anyone knew if these existed for a 3100-3800 V6 motor. I know Accel has a Buick/ GN v6 DFI kit, but I don't know if there is a conversion for it to be a coil-on-plug. Or there is another company out there besides Accel. We have one from FAST right now, and it requires a lot Re-pining and other stupid wiring BS we don't want to deal with.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Re: Stand Alone LS1-Ls6 Coil-on-plug kit for V6?
Friday, February 27, 2009 6:46 PM
if ya find out pm me about it i would like something like this for the 3400

Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:06 PM
Well, I'm a pretty dedicated GM v6 guy and I can tell you that I've never heard of anything like this existing.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:19 AM
Cody, I have a FAST E-Dist here at the house which works with 4-6-8 cyls to do coil on plug. It's the only thing I'm aware of that will make this swap and since I haven't seen any new literature on them for a couple of years, I didn't think they made them anymore. I haven't hooked mine up to anything but I've helped a couple of others with wiring these into Buick GN's. LMK if you need a hand.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:49 PM
We're working with Accel trying to find something out. They have a Kit for a Buick GN 3800 so we're trying to see if there is a way to do it with their kit. We have the FAST currently, but it requires a lot of random BS we don't want to deal with if we don't have to.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:51 PM
Quote:

We have the FAST currently, but it requires a lot of random BS we don't want to deal with if we don't have to.

Hmmm.... Such as??? Is this because the E-DIST is designed for the older distributor / DIS systems?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search