Been A While - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Been A While
Saturday, March 07, 2009 6:33 AM
Hey everyone. I sold me 82 Firenza hatch over a year ago, I am kicking myself for selling it considering with was 99% rust free and original. But anyway. I finally am getting another J. Its a 1994 RS 3.1 5 speed. I got a few questions. My buddy has a wrecked 97 Grand Prix GTP, We are planning to swap this engine into the Cav. My question is, will my 5 spees work with this engine? I can get my hands on other 5 speed trans. And I refuse to change it to an automatic. The transmissions I can get my hands on are 99+ Z24 trannys and 2.2 non Ecotecs. Also if this trans will work, how much HP can it handle? The GTP engine is not stock. What I know off hand is Its got a 3" pulley, Ported exhaust manifolds, CAI, and my buddy says the SC maybe ported too from what the owner before him told him. I figure this engine is making around 260+hp and I want to get all the parts we need before we start swapping, just to making it easier. Thanks everyone.

1982 Olds Firenza S-1.8L auto, not fast but fun it is.

Re: Been A While
Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:26 AM
Check out V6z24.com and 60degreev6.com for more info. The second gen forum here is near dead.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search