i need opinons!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need opinons!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:29 AM
i have a 1991 cavalier z24, it came with a 3.1 and a 3 speed automatic. but when i got the car reverse was out of the transmission and i had to put a 2.2 transmission in it. but yet still a 3 speed. but now 2nd gear is out and i have a tough decision, go an easy route or a hard route. i have a 89 grand prix that has a 2.8 and a 4 speed automatic. the car has had its days and now is getting put to rest, with 310,000 miles on an original motor that slipped a barring about a year ago and been parked since. like i said a tough decision cause i can either use it or install a 5 speed transmission that i got from a 88 z24. i am clueless on what to do. if u all could give me your opinion on what to do, it would help on making my decision easier. thanks

Re: i need opinons!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:23 PM
I am not sure if I read this right but I wouldn't put a trans out of a car with over 300,000miles, into any thing. to much like work
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:51 PM
its a good transmission, its been serviced alot in its day.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:10 PM
Over 300,000 on the tranny. so what if it's been serviced constantly. These trannys don't last forever. You'll feel really bad if you put it in and it goes out the next day. If you have to round up all the other parts you need to install the 5 speed you mentioned, just save yourself the aggravation and money, have your original tranny rebuilt.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search