89 sunbird2.0 on an 89 cavalier 2.0 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
89 sunbird2.0 on an 89 cavalier 2.0
Monday, June 15, 2009 8:29 PM
Hi guys i am new to this so be gentle use plenty of lube lol, i am wanting to put a turbo off of a 89 2.0 sunbird on my 89 cavalier will the exhuast manifolds work if not i guess i can cut and weld my cavy flnage on the turbo manifold. i am also getting ready to do a manual tranny swap what all do i need there is a junk yard newar me with a complte 2.0 five speed manual my dada and i do transmissions for a living but he said this one ios my baby so help please thanks guys.

Re: 89 sunbird2.0 on an 89 cavalier 2.0
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:55 PM
Dont know, man...Sunbird uses a 2.0 OHC, and the Cavy uses a 2.2OHV, doesn't it?

Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:21 PM
dunno for sure this is my first second gen i own a custom shop and this is going to be my project car my grandmother bought it for me before passing away so she also help me start my business, umm as far as thwe manifolds go i should be able to just cut and weld and grab a turbo nothing to big just say i have a turbo and maybe turn it up just a tiny bit. thanks for the response hey is ya need anything car audio, air ride ,body ktis or anything let me number 765-279-8103 ask for Derek.
Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:28 AM
Derek, look for 1redry or something like that. I love his turbocharged TBI car, mainly because it goes against the crowd. You're better off welding the Sunbird turbo outlet flange onto the Cavalier manifold. There is a manual trans swap stick on v6z24.org somewhere. Generally you'll probably need the manual trans engine mounts (body side), clutch master, slave, and line, pedal assy, shifter and cables, axles, clutch safety switch, reverse light wiring, and maybe the vss connector. You'll probably want to get a manual trans chip or ecm, too, and you might need to do a little wiring at the ecm.

-->Slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search