Just picked up a 2nd gen - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just picked up a 2nd gen
Friday, June 12, 2009 9:56 AM
135,000 miles, LN2, TH125c, and a working R12 A/C. SLIGHT coolant leak externally by the thermostat housing, but not mixing coolant with oil. Will replace the headgasket in a few weeks. Will be replacing the TCC solenoid tomorrow along with a new transmission mount and torque strut. Just changed the motor mounts this morning and there's a HUGE difference. Used to vibrate when stopped, but it's smooth now even with the A/C on. Picked up all the mounts from rockauto.com for less then $50 shipped to my door, and it was well worth it. Drives very good, matter of fact I like driving it better than my '99 parked next to it.

Re: Just picked up a 2nd gen
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:40 AM
Where did you get something in this good of shape? My sedan was driven by an old lady that died and passed it on to her oldest daughter, who kept it as well maintained as humanly possible and it still has rust holes and missing paint! Also, you never stated the year. Which LN2 does it have? Any plans for it?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:03 PM
Yeah it's in surprisingly good shape. '94 model driven by a middle aged woman, and the interior is clean too. '94 was the final bump in power for the LN2, so it's pretty much the same as driving a 3rd gen. Had a couple rust spots when you open the door, but I handled that already. Duplicolor cap looked close in the store, but I'll be a sumbish if it isn't an exact match! Head gasket is changed too as of last Saturday. I might would put some Z wheels on it, but this was more of a small family car for us since our other four door doesn't have a working air conditioning and it's nice to have a spare car. May fix the AC in the other car so I can keep driving this car.

Friday, June 26, 2009 6:01 PM
Nice looking car. Probably FE1 "soft ride" suspension. I don't remember those trim strips in the middle of the door as factory though.

-->Slow
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:03 PM
Compared to the B&G springs on the '99, this thing rides like a Cadillac.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 1:02 PM
Now that you mention it, those looks like the door strips from a 3rd gen. I'm not much for having door strips on a car, but it looks way better than the big back plastic ones that GM put on there.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search