my t-028 turbo died, so.. - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my t-028 turbo died, so..
Friday, July 10, 2009 8:29 PM
... I am putting a stock t-025 back on. I got a good deal one a pair of them with exhaust manifolds attached, a 30,000 mile engine, and a 30,000 mile auto transmission. I'm almost tempted to find another Sunbird like mine for the spare engine, tranny, and turbo, or I may simply swap in the low mile engine and transmission and sell the spare turbo and my old engine and transmission.

I do have a question for anyone who has done it, is there a way to get an intercooler on one of these?

Re: my t-028 turbo died, so..
Sunday, July 12, 2009 5:47 PM

Several people have mounted intercoolers. I'm using a small one from a Saab. There may be pics floating around the 1st gen forum.

What was the T28 originally from?

-->Slow
Re: my t-028 turbo died, so..
Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:46 PM
I got the t-028 from an old guy who runs a turbo shop near here. He was the one who told me it would fit, and it did. One of the guys where I work is going to help me rebuild it since the housings and wheels are good. He used to work in the tech center for the company I work for, Cummins, so he has torn apart and rebuilt turbos plenty of times for testing purposes. I noticed a definite decrease in power with the stock size turbo back on it, but now it is not smoking any more. The turbo drain line became kinked, and that caused the seal on the intake side to leak.

Now I have a spare stock turbo that I may sell sicne I can not think of a project to use it on. It has the exhaust manifold and downpipe included.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search