New Hood - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Hood
Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:31 AM
I made myself a new hood for my bastardized Cav

I had hoped to get this done and painted before winter set in, but it looks like I have too many things on the go to get this buttoned up, So you get picks of it in primer. Body work is far from perfect, but this is how it's sitting till I can spend some more time on it.

The bumper is also in primer I got it used and it needed alot of repairs to get where it is.

Came pretty close to my concept I think

and a pic of the old hood and bumper (sorta)

Re: New Hood
Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:33 AM
let me know what you think so far
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:13 PM
I saw this on v6z24. Very sweet. The Phase II's needed longer scoops....those little stubbies just didn't look right. I'm a 1st gen guy, so I like the long cowls anyway, but it is a shame that you had to cut up a hood to do it. Please tell me it was a damaged hood. Don't let any of the other 1st gen guys find out.....they may form a linch mob.

I didn't know you had a flip hood and suicide doors.........
Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:02 PM
ya, the hood was damaged in 4 different spots, if not I would have molded the scoops and made new ones to save the hood.

yup hood doors, and it's on air
Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:05 PM
just checked you reg here to see who you are on V6, I have been folowing the resurection of your car over there, nice project you have there, real cool to have your old car back
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:02 PM
richard schick wrote:just checked you reg here to see who you are on V6, I have been folowing the resurection of your car over there, nice project you have there, real cool to have your old car back

I'm hoping to get the brakes and suspension complete this winter. It has sprung a power steering leak and I have yet to find it. I should've kept the car instead of selling it back in late '90.

I have some ideas lined up for this car, not too radical though, but just enough to set it apart from other 1st gens.........

If the OT at work keeps up I should be able to get one of the irons in the fire fininshed and find me a nice '87 Z24 coupe.

I'll be watching your build.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:52 PM
Oh someone else with a diza kit. Hows that fit on yours?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search