94 cavy no fire need help! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 cavy no fire need help!
Friday, December 25, 2009 10:21 AM
i have a 94 2.2l OHV MPFI and it has no fire i replaced icm, coils, plug wires, spark plugs, relays, fuses i've check cut, loose wire connections i need help really get old of this bs so please any ideas

Re: 94 cavy no fire need help!
Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:07 PM
Could be the computer. Also check the crank sensor and make sure it's okay and plugged in.
Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:21 PM
Agreed the first thing that came up would be the crank position sensor.Worst case would be the ecm but,auto zone and many other stores sell them.But if you do replace the ecm I do recall the rebuilt ones do not have the mem cal or calpak in them and you have to swap them over to the new refurbished ecm.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:16 PM
we have a 94 2 door hard top with 2.2 its got spark yet it wont start

acts like its gonna fire but doesnt

and will back fire up the intake once in a while when cranking, caught on fire once

have tried everything including crank sensor

maybe the timing belt slipped

no idea otherwise

junking the car now, stripping it

blue inside and out

tired of it

nbice tranny, cloth buckets, dash, interior, console,

front end parts, engine parts, under hood parts, chassis parts,
fuel system parts

i listed on craiglist.org as parting out and not a single hit on anything from it,
looks like its going to the shredder 100% complete.

wow..

good luck with yours.

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:16 PM
Quick question did you ever check the above possible problem of the crankshaft sensor.And also is the car getting fuel?You stated that it is just not firing,but did not indicate any problems with a no fuel in your post just wondering.In the possibility that your not getting fuel I would suggest replacing the oil pressure sender itself.Due to it grounds the system for fuel,and oil pressure and if the that sender is faulty would not alloy the car to fire( therefore no start problem).Being you have replaced all the above I was just curious.If you do have fuel I am baffled unless the crankshaft sensor was the issue and you just have not updated the issue.Update your status already.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search