Easy way to freshen' up your old interior. - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easy way to freshen' up your old interior.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:23 AM
I had a 2003 Cavalier sedan that had hit a moose, so I took the seats and carpet before it went in the crusher with the intent to sell it. Then a buddy of mine suggested I try them in my 89' Sunbird, all it took was some minor trimming and 3 hours to pull it all together.

I painted the door panels with Dupli-color fabric paint then brushed them to give an ash appearance, it turned out better than I suspected

Next I plan to do some minor trim painting with paint that matches the original bright blue mettalic, do anyone have any suggestions that would'nt be overkiil and tacky looking?

Re: Easy way to freshen' up your old interior.
Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:10 AM
The new seats more comfier? I got to replace the driver seat (or switch it with the passenger seat) in my cavy because the previous owner was a bit of a heavyweight.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:41 AM
They are a little bit more comfortable and firmer at the same time, they make you feel more planted in the seat on corners.
Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:45 PM
May I suggest buying some new interior carpet! Yours looks a little weary.I bought some new interior carpet for a car a restored for my nephew a 98 accord and ordered it from http://www.autotrimsupply.com and it has extra material so you cut it to fit and loads of colors,custom or original.It cost 136.00 for the one I got and it is padded and for such a low cost would only add to the new old look.Just a suggestion.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search