all wheel drive - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
all wheel drive
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:00 PM
ok so i'm sure some ones asked before, probably not that often but is it possible to mate the all wheel drive set up from the grand prix ste to a j body 2nd gen? i'm sure theres some mods involved but how much?

Re: all wheel drive
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:08 PM
what a grand prix are you talking about ? lol

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:59 PM
never heard of a all wheel drive grand prix, soory

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/tntodc38107/droid.jpg
speed is only for those who use it, smoke or get smoked!!!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:26 PM
You mean 6000 STE. You'd have to swap out the complete drivetrain and probably make or have made new driveshafts, motor/transmission mounts etc... It can be done but unless you're a skilled fabricator it's probably going to cost alot more than you'll ever get out of it.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:05 AM
ok it was the 6000 ste, i need to slow down when i read stuff.
Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:23 PM
Yeah. Good luck finding a 6000 STE with the drive train still attached. And you are limited to an automatic transmission.

I hate snakes in the grass who just wait for the weak
and then pounce.
Friday, March 26, 2010 8:59 AM
pretty much sounds like you should just stop now if you dont even know the cars name.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:53 PM
sweet i didnt know it was even possible i have to add that to the list lol
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:04 AM
I've seen a couple 6000 STEs with the bodies in awful shape. They're fairly difficult to find, but if you had the time, space and skills it could be done.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:01 PM
Now that sounds like an awesome idea. My idea for an AWD second gen, was using the drive train from an Astro Van AWD. I kinda walked it off, and the wheel base seems to be about the same. I haven't actually looked into what it would take to make such a swap. Maybe someday I will. LoL
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:13 PM
Why even bother asking if its possible, ANYTHING is possible. If you have the time and skills you would be out getting this done already. Its not gonna happen is my bet, and on some really far off chance you do il be the first to eat my words.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:47 PM
Chad VonReiner wrote:Now that sounds like an awesome idea. My idea for an AWD second gen, was using the drive train from an Astro Van AWD. I kinda walked it off, and the wheel base seems to be about the same. I haven't actually looked into what it would take to make such a swap. Maybe someday I will. LoL

Alot more fabrication because the Astro was a rwd vehicle not fwd like the pontiac 6000, with the awd 6000 STE the motor is mounted transversely like Cavaliers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search