a little help - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a little help
Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:44 PM
so i just bought a 90 z. ive wanted the thing for years i loved it. i bought it from a friend and he was having some problems with it. now i have worked on a few cars in my time but this one has got me stumped they had put in an alarm but the peoeple who did it did a very shady job things were just splices in all over the place so i removed it and fixed everything then i didnt have gas or spark so the gas was the oil sending unit and the spark was the ign con and coils after replacing all these the car still will not fire it doesnt even seem like it wants to just cranks any ideas?

so i just bought a 90 z. ive wanted the thing for years i loved it. i bought it from a friend and he was having some problems with it. now i have worked on a few cars in my time but this one has got me stumped they had put in an alarm but the peoeple who did it did a very shady job things were just splices in all over the place so i removed it and fixed everything then i didnt have gas or spark so the gas was the oil sending unit and the spark was the ign con and coils after replacing all these the car still will not fire it doesnt even seem like it wants to just cranks any ides?

Re: a little help
Friday, February 25, 2011 10:43 PM
Sounds like your CPS crank position sensor might be bad.If it just turns over,over and not firing this is what I would replace.As long as the fuel pump humms with key ON,not starting thats good,and being you did the other parts for ignition this is my suggestion.Relatively cheap part.Look it up online at advance auto or auto zone or napa they all sell this part and have pics in most cases.You will have to enter your cars specs on the sites so it shows the correct part for your application.Ok

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search