Need to Find new engine - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need to Find new engine
Friday, March 25, 2011 12:48 AM
Ok so I have a 1994 Sunbird le with a 2.0 non turbo engine. The head warped and it has sat for some time untouched, which i know is the worst, but i am now looking to get it running again and need to find a new long block engine. All the research I've done says it's a gm 122 block, correct me if I'm wrong, but i can't seem to find a replacement so I'm looking for some help. If anyone knows of a place to get a refurbished or new block or even knows of something i can do with the old block please feel free to let me know. I thank you anyone that reads and even more anyone that can help.

Re: Need to Find new engine
Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:27 PM
You can buy a remanufactured one for around $1,500.00.
Search engines are really starting to go down hill though and it is getting harder and harder to fined exactly what you want. I understand why you say you can't find one. Too much completely unrelated junk comes up in the search these days.
Anyway, there are places that have them.
Rockauto is one and rebuild.com is another. I'm sure there are more, but Google, Bing, etc. are just getting too flaky as of late to find them efficiently.
Monday, April 04, 2011 10:55 PM
Cool thank you that rock auto is exactly what i was looking for.
Monday, April 18, 2011 5:47 PM
You wouldn't be interested in a 3.1 V6 and manual trans from a 94 Z24, would you?

Everything Louder than Everything else
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search