computer - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
computer
Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:21 PM
Will a 92 auto computer work in a 93 stick car

Re: computer
Monday, May 16, 2011 10:43 AM
i pretty sure it wont
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:49 PM
I 2nd that.The ecm is programmed based on the cars specs.If it has a automatic or manual transmission factors into how it is setup.If you need a new ecm go to autozone or advance auto and get a refurbished or reman however the prom and memcal/calpak(has two names) need to be removed from the old ecm and placed into the NEW ecm(reman).The remans do not come with the 2 items and have to be switched to make it work properly.Unless I am incorrect or less something off may others correct me or add to this.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:51 AM
You just need a standard trans MEMCAL. The computer itself is the same.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:49 PM
It will if you take the PROM from your old computer and install it in the new one. Look up the computers for both cars on autozone.com to see if they are the same. Oh, yeah, be sure to follow ESD procedures.
Monday, June 06, 2011 7:12 PM
esd procedures?
Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:34 PM
Electrostatic discharge. The MEMCAL and ECM are sensitive devices, easily damaged by normal electrical charges on your skin at levels that you would never notice. Use of a grounding strap is required to protect the equipment. And of course don't wear rubber soled shoes and stand on carpet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search