your set up - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
your set up
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:44 PM
I am here asking if other can give me some info on the suspension set up that they are running in your car( i.e. springs,shocks,roll bars,bushings,etc). And what type of driving the car see most of the time. I would like to know if you are also happy with the difference the parts may have done.

Re: your set up
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:49 PM
I think search is going to be your new best friend.

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:38 PM
User Chemical wrote:I think search is going to be your new best friend.

Ok I am going to be nice being that i am new but did you read my post??? I want to see what others have and who know this may help other pick there next part for there up grade on there car. Oh and I am asking about for info on the 2 gens not the 3 gens. The 3 gens get to much lime light around here.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:58 PM
This is about as good as it gets in the second gen world. Check this thread out

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=415187&t=415187

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:54 AM
onecleancavy wrote:This is about as good as it gets in the second gen world. Check this thread out

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=415187&t=415187

It is nice to see a set up like that. that whole project just gives me the idea that maybe I can make my 2 gen fast.
But I am mostly looking for info on suspention set ups.
Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:03 PM
anyone???
Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:00 PM
manuel garcia wrote:
User Chemical wrote:I think search is going to be your new best friend.

Ok I am going to be nice being that i am new but did you read my post??? I want to see what others have and who know this may help other pick there next part for there up grade on there car. Oh and I am asking about for info on the 2 gens not the 3 gens. The 3 gens get to much lime light around here.

OHHH you must be the VERY FIRST person to ask that question for your ultra rare car.

1999 - Cavalier - 5speed - Exhaust - 17" rims - carbon fiber hood - the beater
Friday, July 29, 2011 6:25 AM
manuel garcia wrote:I am here asking if other can give me some info on the suspension set up that they are running in your car( i.e. springs,shocks,roll bars,bushings,etc). And what type of driving the car see most of the time. I would like to know if you are also happy with the difference the parts may have done.

where at any point am i talking about rare car??? i would like to know about everyday people and there everyday set up in there cars. if you do not have a 2 gen or have any info to help out with my question. why are you even jumping in????
Friday, July 29, 2011 7:17 AM
Ehh just ignore the jackasses. Not too many 2nd gen guys left most have moved on to other cars. Now if you want alot of info about 2nd gens I'd recommend checking out V6z24

Friday, July 29, 2011 7:42 AM
I always thought the ideal Gen 2 setup would be:

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (discontinued, so happy hunting, but they are out there. Thousands of kits were sold so I imagine one will turn up)
Addco sway bars
GM Z24 Strut bar
MRZ rear strut bar
Energy Suspension bushings all around
KYB GR2's (you can use Koni yellows as per the FAQ on V6Z24, but I honestly don't like the way they got those to work. I'd be afraid of something breaking or shifting out of place).

I think that about covers it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 29, 2011 1:10 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:I always thought the ideal Gen 2 setup would be:

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (discontinued, so happy hunting, but they are out there. Thousands of kits were sold so I imagine one will turn up)
Addco sway bars
GM Z24 Strut bar
MRZ rear strut bar
Energy Suspension bushings all around
KYB GR2's (you can use Koni yellows as per the FAQ on V6Z24, but I honestly don't like the way they got those to work. I'd be afraid of something breaking or shifting out of place).

I think that about covers it.

This is probably the best for a street car, minus the Addco bars. The factory FE3 front bar is bigger, and much cheaper. The difference between the Addco and FE3 rear is negligible simply based on cost. You can buy brand new Canuck springs with roughly the same high rate as the Eibachs, but they aren't progressive. I'm not sure why you think the Koni insert would break or shift. The way it's done in the FAQ is the same way it's done on a 3rd gen, with the addition of another tube.

This is mine-
Front:
tubular control arms
Modified strut housings
Koni Sport strut inserts (1st gen Eclipse)
Ground Control coil-over springs (525lb/in)
Road Race Engineering 1st gen Eclipse pillow ball mounts
GM FE7 18mm sway bar
Custom sway bar end links
Energy Suspension sway bar bushings
Rear:
Custom upper shock tower brace
Koni Sport shocks (Saab 900NG)
Custom upper spring buckets
AllStar weight jacks
AllStar swivel upper spring perches
Eibach 5” x 6 ¾ “ springs (500-1000lb/in progressive)
AFCO adjustable lower spring perches
Mantapart K-brace
Mantapart 26mm sway bar

Some pics. I don't have any recent ones of my front end. This one shows the 3rd gen J inserts and GC upper perches. The Eclipse inserts and RRE perches have been in for a while now. I got another 1"- 1.5" of travel using that setup.

Friday, July 29, 2011 1:12 PM
I forgot to add- this car really only sees track use. Not drag race, road course. It's still street legal, but not comfortable. Was it worth it? To me, yes, but probably not for the average 2nd gen owner.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search