door window molding - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
door window molding
Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:57 PM
anyone know where to find new belt molding

Re: door window molding
Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:09 AM
Last I heard, it was discontinued. You best bet would be someone parting out, or a junkyard.

Re: door window molding
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:44 PM
This molding came off a 89 bird and has the smooth finish like the pic here.IF so I would be willing to sell it.Just let me know and I use paypal,and ship by fedex ground.I lost the plastic clip that goes onto the end on the left hand side.Now you can remove your SLIDE in clip it will has a screw hole (be super carefull with this to reuse.IF you remove your outside window sweep technical name glass rolled down,have to remove the mirrors and one screw behind mirror,remove that,now the other screw is at the door,glass jam towards the rear in other words,and pull back the inner sweep to SEE it holding the rear of this seal.Then the whole seal will pop off do it gently at a even gradual pace front to rear vise versa.and you do not want to scratch your paint!!!Use a flat head screw driver.I have done this several times and be patient.Now you would only go thru this if you buy these solid mint condition sweeps or if you find some.I will wait to here from you bfore price and ship cost negotiated.Ron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search