Wanted parts for 2nd gens (from u pull it yards) - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Wanted parts for 2nd gens (from u pull it yards)
Monday, November 14, 2011 8:58 PM
D@#! I was just at my literally local u pull today.They have a 86 z soon to be crushed.Same one I got the hood,doors off and z kit.I am pretty sure I can get the valve cover bolts 2.8v and the plenum is the alum housing on top(right) long day doing stuff.I can get those.If you spot me a pic so I get exactly what you want is no problem.I just have been busy doing 50 different things and the ONLY down fall on the hood hinges (sigh) is they are riveted and the hood hinges are uniformly the same I would dare say 82-87 no question.Same body design so really any hood hinge off these will work.I may be hitting a yard two hrs away this wk(maybe) weather permitting and duties to do.I may look at my car before getting the hinges SO I know what I need to take to remove them.ok

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:17 AM
86 2.8L top end is very diffrent then 87 and up. so no need for those bolts...
hood hings, I don't need the all portion. neir the window under the cowl, there should be one bolt torque 50 i beleive, if you can get me that protion only that will work for me. thanks

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:19 PM
Just reviving this some any request will be here.I have found a 89 cav z got alot off it today.Maybe going back soon next wk not sure.Right now my computer is at the shop and getting all my stuff shoved over to a new pc and awaiting them to call saying it is ready.My old computer from 04 just to slow and close to max on memory.Thanks and hope to be back on here with SOME neat pics.

Friday, December 16, 2011 9:47 PM
Ok James tell me if this mirror delete will work for you.Front and back side pics and came out of a 89.I think it will fly bc the 89up have the flat window sweep towards the mirror and yeah it came off a sedan!All the coupes have both mirrors and let me know if this is a GO and we can pm cost and shpg etc.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:07 AM
wow a rh door mirror was an option still on '89 cavaliers, you'd think it would've been standard by that year lol. GM management sure was cheap and screwy back then

I take it no luck finding an unbroken '88-90 z grille

Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:23 PM
Actually there are 2 in my favorite yard and literally forgot that you wanted the Z grill.I am probably rolling back thurs the 22 and WILL get it.Both are 89s.I want to get some more items off the 87z and that will be super easy to grab.Hope that strut bar is solid.I have some possible leads on a guy who has over 400 junkers he owns and have to make a contact with him thru another guy at a machine shop.I will probably touch base with my contact to get his # so I can see what he has if he will let me come and scour.If so I bet he has some sweet stuff that is just waiting.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:10 PM
Ron - you are the man!

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:05 PM
Hey ron keep a eye out for any gtz berettas and if you fend on let me know if the sway bar has bracket that attach to the strut.
Monday, December 19, 2011 8:11 PM
Do you mean a strut bar that goes from the left to right towers?Or is there literally a bracket that goes on the shock tower.And also I do have several 2nd gen J body strut bars btw.I will keep my eye out for the berrettas and just clarify the part description some.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:57 PM
Ok wes here is a Z grill it in good shape except the left hand corner top needs to be epoxyed up a touch.It will still work with a new push plug and be tight.This clown has a beast to remove the plugs were stuck good and tried to be super carefull removing and I did clean it up and removed the center emblem.It is ready for some fresh paint.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:28 PM
Ron Love wrote:Do you mean a strut bar that goes from the left to right towers?Or is there literally a bracket that goes on the shock tower.And also I do have several 2nd gen J body strut bars btw.I will keep my eye out for the berrettas and just clarify the part description some.

Alex is looking for an FE7 sway bar end link bracket. On the FE7 setup, the sway bar end link attaches to the strut instead of the control arm. Most GTZ Berettas had the FE7. So, he needs the bracket bolted to the strut where the strut-to-spindle bolts go through.

Friday, December 23, 2011 10:03 PM
Thanks James that helps and yet to come across any gtz stuff as of thurs unless I overlooked it at my fav pull a part.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:09 PM
Went pick a parting and this is for james cahill.NOW this should be the correct mirror delete from a 1992 cavalier coupe! Please tell me this is the exact item.I cleaned it some and the door window sweeps were toast so no saving those to remove it to use.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:17 PM
Ok reviving this bc parts all of the sudden to be a request and my local pull a part tends to get alot of 2nd gens and I can find things generally with out to much of a issue.SO please post request here EVEN if I cannot find it,most will read the post being it is current and focused on parts!

Friday, May 04, 2012 12:26 PM
Ron your a good guy, I'm going to a couple yards tomorrow(sat) & see what I can find out here. ( phx)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search