92 Cavalier VL Sedan Missing Info Request - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
92 Cavalier VL Sedan Missing Info Request
Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:09 AM
Hello. I bought my Cavalier one month ago. The car is in amazing shape for it's age with only 40,000 miles on it. I am doing my own repair work on the car. I just replaced my belt tensioner, serpentine belt, and valve cover gasket last week. The motor purrs like a kitten. Great car.

Anyway. Would someone out there, please, take a picture of the tire pressure information label for this model and post it? My label is completely blank on my door. I am a graphic artist at a print shop. I thought I would recreate the label and print it. I currently have no idea what the tire pressure should be on this vehicle. The search engines have not been able to turn up any information on it. Also, does anybody know what rear view mirror belongs in this car? It looks like my mirror was replaced with one from a Ford when I searched the number on the back. The silvering is coming off the mirror, so it makes it difficult to see anything.

I appreciate any information that you can offer to me. Thank you!

Re: 92 Cavalier VL Sedan Missing Info Request
Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:19 PM
Hey jason I may be able to help you on the mirror part when I go junkyarding(alot really) and will grab the best one I can find next go round.As for your tire decal I will snap a pic of one unless one of the 2nd gen guys step up and do it first.If there is anything you need just let me know.I am the 1st gen board parts finder and seller generally and have lucked out and found alot of cool items.If you would like say a strut bar for your car I have two or three already in my parts pile and would be glad to sell you one pretty cheap.I will show a pic of one in my next post and this goes from the left to right strut tower and bolts right up on your existing hardware and you should not have to move anything to do this.Enough rambling and the part if interested will be painted prior to you getting it if you want one.This part helps alot on front end sway and stability and mostly used on Z models or verts for this effect.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:24 PM
The strut bar is the one on top or closest to glass pieces with the narrow bolt holes and the the one in the middle is 1st gen only bottom one is 2nd gen too.These are about 4 ft long and metal.Hope you get the just of the pic and see what I am describing here in this pic.

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:41 AM
You can get new labels here New GMParts They also might have some other parts you might need as well down the road so bookmark it .

Monday, January 21, 2013 1:29 PM
You can buy replacement labels from the dealer. I bough new door labels , emblems, under hood stickers and trunk stickies for my 91 4 years ago and the car was totaled.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, January 21, 2013 4:25 PM
Thank you for all of the helpful responses. Ron, would you PM me when you get some free time? Spike, thanks for the link regarding parts! I will be needing some things soon. Thanks Rob. I need to make some contacts over at the local dealer. I would like to keep this car as original as possible with the exception of suspension. I hate to pay dealer prices, but it would be worth it.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:32 AM
Spike J wrote:You can get new labels here New GMParts They also might have some other parts you might need as well down the road so bookmark it .

New GM Parts

Hopefully this link works

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:18 PM
Well. I called the GM dealer for the tire label and they said they could not get it. The New GM Parts website does not have the label. I am hoping someone is willing to post a snapshot of their door label with the tire information. Prefer a second generation label, but I will take what I can get. I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks in advance!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search