Replacing Fuel Injectors - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacing Fuel Injectors
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:03 AM
Just picked up a 1989 Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo. I was wondering how difficult it is to replace the fuel injectors. My car idle's a little rough and am fairly new to DIY car maintenance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Replacing Fuel Injectors
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:11 PM
Welcome to the site first.Replacing the injectors is not too hard just semi timely.I do not a fuel rail or injectors as I have tbi with 1 injector.I know some of the guys who have models with this feature could better answer this instead of me throwing ideas.Now since you joined please share your story behind the car and or buy of it and pics of said ride.As for sharing pics I use photobucket to upload here.Looking forward to seeing your new old ride.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:51 AM
Welcome Aboard!!

I just have the 1.8 N/A so I'm not much help to you , but PAUL94Z28 is the goto fellow for the Pontiac turbo info.

Only suggestion I have - is as with all injectors always replace all the O rings. Daughter went to a garage where they only replaced half of them and she was back there in 45 days with gas shooting all over the engine.

Does your 89 have a distributor? If it does it will stick out the back end of the cam. Maybe all you might need is a good ole fashioned tune up.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:58 AM
So I took it to a place and they said the map sensor was bouncing causing the turbo to engage/disengage. I was planning on replacing that soon. He said the injectors are doing fine.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search