Leaking water from under car? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Leaking water from under car?
Friday, August 29, 2014 10:02 AM
Alright so my '91 Cavi has been parked for about a week while I put in power locks and windows, and I noticed that there's something leaking from underneath. I caught some of whatever it is on a paper towel fresh off the driveway, and it smells like mildew- something the interior of my car has smelled like for a few months. So I'm guessing that there's a water/rain leak since the fluid I caught was also clear. It has been 2 days since a good rain, but there's still drips of water coming from underneath, and the concrete all around me is dry. The fluid is coming from the approx. 2"(?) diameter hole in the driver side floor pan.

Anyone else have leaks? Ever heard about them? How should I stop the leak? Does it sound like water/rain is something that would leak from here? All of your input would forever appreciated!!!!

-Rion

Re: Leaking water from under car?
Friday, August 29, 2014 11:23 AM
Were you idling with the AC on?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, August 29, 2014 12:14 PM
Nope no A/C. The cars been sitting for a week. And even if I had it idling, I wasn't using the A/C.
Friday, August 29, 2014 4:05 PM
Check the cowl area for rot, common problem in these cars, they leak inside the car when they do.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Friday, August 29, 2014 9:33 PM
A,greed cowl drains need to be blown out.You have to remove the wiper arms and cowl to get this done.

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:56 PM
Thanks all!

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do this myself, but my mechanic did it (blew out cowl drain) and now it doesn't smell like garbage inside! Success!

Thaaannkkkss again!

-Rion J.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search